TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Angus wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Tommyknockers would definitely be cool, with James Wan producing.

One thing's for sure, with the success of It and Chapter Two coming up, and with Pet Sematary coming, both will be big hits and there will be a HUGE studio push on more King adaptations. It's going to be awesome being a King fan the next few years.
Yeah dude - King is the man. I feel like Nolan could actually make some of his whacko-storylines fit into the modern world. That's kind of his thing, right (or one of his favorite tools). Grounding reality into bizarre/paranormal/sci fi/horror concepts.

Whatever it is it better have a dead wife. My least favorite films of his i.e. Following, Insomnia, and Dunkirk, don't have dead wives (relax, I adore every single line of dialogue, every note, every frame of film that this guy is responsible for).

I don't think he should adapt anything that he's not willing to change massively (like the prestige) a well known famous book wouldn't really lend well to that I guess. Just an original idea please we have enough adaptations.

How hard can it really be to figure out something that's both grand and somewhat uncharted territory? I really feel that's key.

I just have this feeling Nolan is going all David Lean this time.

I wouldn't even rule out some form of sweeping romance.

Maybe a more character-driven crime epic set in the 20s or 30s? Imagine Nolan being given 150-200 million to make his Once Upon a Time in America.

dafox wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 1:42 pm
Whatever it is it better have a dead wife. My least favorite films of his i.e. Following, Insomnia, and Dunkirk, don't have dead wives (relax, I adore every single line of dialogue, every note, every frame of film that this guy is responsible for).
Following and Insomnia both have dead girlfriends, and Dunkirk probably has the most dead wives of all considering all the nurses that died in that sinking ship.

And Inception might not count because Mal could be alive for all we know.

Bacon wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 2:34 pm
dafox wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 1:42 pm
Following and Insomnia both have dead girlfriends, and Dunkirk probably has the most dead wives of all considering all the nurses that died in that sinking ship.
True. :lol:

All well and good, but I always freak out about these summer release dates. I really don't want a Nolan movie to underperform. :X

It just got to me: How many movies out there that are completely original and are written and directed by one person with huge budgets? Like it's so crazy. I really hope it's a completely new script written by him alone.
Last edited by Tarssauce on January 28th, 2019, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 3:57 pm
It just got to me: How many movies out there that are completely original that are written and director by one person with huge budgets? Like it's so crazy. I really hope it's a completely new script written by him alone.
Oh, Nolan is definitely the only person in his position.

In terms lower budgets though, the only other people I can think of are Quentin Tarantino, Edgar Wright, M. Night Shyamalan, and Guillermo Del Toro.

Shyamalan is really underrated in my opinion. He's one of my favorite filmmakers. And Nolan is a fan of him. He's had some horrific misfires in his career, but the fact that he puts out so many original films and takes huge swings (even if missing) is super respectable and rare. The dude is an original storyteller.

Along the same thought; it's crazy to me how Nolan hasn't made a terrible movie. He hasn't made a movie that bombed critically or financially. That's statistically impossible. No other director in history can say that, not Spielberg, Scorsese, Coppola, Kubrick, etc. It's unheard of. Like, Shyamalan is in GOOD company, lol. He's treated way unfairly.