Tenet - Crew Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I hope they're all back, and that Paul Franklin returns after not working on Dunkirk.

#TeamHoyte.£

A Zimmer/Howard collab again would be glorious. TDK trilogy still my all time favourite Zimmer score.

jetsdude wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 3:28 pm
A Zimmer/Howard collab again would be glorious. TDK trilogy still my all time favourite Zimmer score.
I hope so as well

So, here is (arguably) the most important people Nolan usually works with (number of collabs with him in parentheses):

Cinematography: Hoyte Van Hoytema (2) - Nothing schedulded for 2020
Editing: Lee Smith (7) - Nothing schedulded for 2020
Sound editing: Richard King/Alex Gibson (6) - Nothing scheduled for 2020
Sound mixing: Gary Rizzo (7) - Nothing scheduled for 2020
Production design: Nathan Crowley (7) - One film scheduled for fall 2020
Visual effects: Paul Franklin/Andrew Lockley/Scott Fisher (6) - Nothing scheduled for 2020

Nolan's wife, Emma Thomas is surely back co-producing.

We have a separate thread for score, but it's worth mentioning that Hans Zimmer actually already has three films scheduled for the summer of next year (Including the SpongeBob movie that is set to release on the same day as Nolan's, lol), and also has two for this year. But we all know that he has the entirety of RCP to help him with compsing, and that Nolan is his biggest/closest collaborator, so it surely won't be an issue.

Hopefully they'll all be back. All the technical guys has won Oscars for working with Nolan. It's seriously time for Crowley, Hoyte and Hans to do the same.

Also, half of these people are working on Dark Phoenix.

Nolan's usual stunt co-ordinator Tom Struthers is working on Dune so we'll see someone else in that role, probably George Cottle who worked his way up from being a stuntman on most of his films since BB to now being a stunt co-ordinator himself

I can't see Hoyte not being part of this film but it got me thinking about Wally Pfister. What a pretty dramatic fall from grace he had after he went off to direct Transcendence. That film really seems to have hit him hard. Which is a shame because he is a talented cinematographer.
Last edited by Tesla on January 29th, 2019, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesla wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 8:59 pm
I can't see Hoyte not being part of this film but it got me thinking about Wally Pfister. What a pretty dramatic fall from grace he had after he went off to direct transcendence. That film really seems to have hit him hard. Which is a shame because he is a talented cinematographer.
So weird that he went from being an academy award winning cinematographer to directing commercials and a few episodes of average television programs.

Even though Transcendence bombed hard commercially and critically you'd think that he could get a job at least directing a low budget film or quality television if he didn't want to go back to being a DP

DarthNata wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 9:08 pm
Tesla wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 8:59 pm
I can't see Hoyte not being part of this film but it got me thinking about Wally Pfister. What a pretty dramatic fall from grace he had after he went off to direct transcendence. That film really seems to have hit him hard. Which is a shame because he is a talented cinematographer.
So weird that he went from being an academy award winning cinematographer to directing commercials and a few episodes of average television programs.

Even though Transcendence bombed hard commercially and critically you'd think that he could get a job at least directing a low budget film or quality television if he didn't want to go back to being a DP
The business can be treacherous to the max. I don’t blame him for taking a step back if he can afford it. There’s more to life. I’m sure he’ll bounce back though.

I think most everyone from Dunkirk would be on board for 2020, each Oscar winner praised Nolan and Emma in there speeches. They seem to all have great chemistry.
Last edited by happyrock1010 on January 29th, 2019, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.