The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Call me an ignorant fuck if you like, and we certainly have our own little ‘Russia-USA’ situation with Serbia here... but why exactly is good diplomatic relation between USA-Russia a bad deal? Cold War is over... or is it? Genuinely curious how being in solid relationship with Russia affects US Citizens, or Russian, for that matter. I mean, is anyone genuinely worried about a Red Dawn/Pygmy situation? It’s just funny to me how Americans (generalizing here to make a point, please understand) can be so paranoid, when their essence is multicultural. At least here on Balcan, you have clear ethnical territories, ripe for narrow mindedness.🕷️

Are you talking about Trump meeting Putin or Russia-USA relations in general? :think:

Pratham wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 7:43 am
Are you talking about Trump meeting Putin or Russia-USA relations in general? :think:
In general of course.🕷️

It's lack of trust from both sides.

Also one is a free, democratic country and another is a authoritarian dictatorship which really doesn't help the matters.

Pratham wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 8:15 am
It's lack of trust from both sides.

Also one is a free, democratic country and another is a authoritarian dictatorship which really doesn't help the matters.
You make one sound like Disneyland while other is North Korea, when it’s far, far from reality.🕷️

Well I thought of putting free and democratic in quotes fwiw. :lol:

Pratham wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 8:47 am
Well I thought of putting free and democratic in quotes fwiw. :lol:
Or rather... ‘putin’? ;) It’s just funny to me cause I don’t want to just blindly read whatever the West says about the matter, myself being somewhere in the middle of two fractions, and then I also have almost everyday connections with the East and when you say dictatorship I cannot help but laugh. When did we degrade into ‘West is beer & jeans and East is vodka & Gulag’ sort of talk really? It’s false news ma man. Of course, when politics are involved, everything returns to the old school talk, but I’m talking regular people, everyday life. 🕷️

m4st4 wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:27 am
when you say dictatorship I cannot help but laugh. When did we degrade into ‘West is beer & jeans and East is vodka & Gulag’ sort of talk really? It’s false news ma man.
Seriously? From whatever I know of Russia, I'd rather put it with North Korea and China than USA, UK, Japan etc. Hell, how oligarchs, police, and army in Russia operate sounds more like Narcos: Mexico if you ask me.