Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I really like the cast and it does look kind of interesting. The concept is pretty neat.

Ruth wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 12:01 pm
a part of me is rooting for this film. i don’t know why
I mean, it's an underdog situation. Kinda easy to root for it.

Never heard of any of these people. Not trusting it at all. Remember the early praise of Aquaman?

Allstar wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 8:18 pm
Never heard of any of these people. Not trusting it at all. Remember the early praise of Aquaman?
This has to be better than Aquaman... at least the trailers look better. But it’s more of a fool’s hope, I admit it. The studio doesn’t know how to sell it clearly but I know it’s a story with wide market potential. Cameron chose to do Avatar instead of Alita many years ago and now we’re stuck with his production sensibilities and Rodriguez who is... we’ll see. Rooting for the underdog.🕷️

If this gets good reviews I'm going to see it.

(👁 ͜ʖ👁)

Oku
m4st4 wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Allstar wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 8:18 pm
This has to be better than Aquaman... at least the trailers look better. But it’s more of a fool’s hope, I admit it. The studio doesn’t know how to sell it clearly but I know it’s a story with wide market potential. Cameron chose to do Avatar instead of Alita many years ago and now we’re stuck with his production sensibilities and Rodriguez who is... we’ll see. Rooting for the underdog.🕷️
As generic as the Aquaman trailers looked, at least Aquaman looked coherent.

The trailers for this, on the other hand, were unsatisfying and all over the place.

If it weren't for Mr. Cameron being attached as a producer, I would easily, easily say that this is getting a Rotten, no questions asked.

But Mr. Cameron's name being attached so closely to this is such a wild-card :lol: that honestly, either result (Rotten or Fresh) would surprise me.