Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Even though I didn't like the movie as much as everybody else did, I'm really happy it won. It's nice to see Lord and Miller bounce back from the Solo drama with a win.

Since director Peter Ramsey was rudely cutoff by the violins squad... here's his full speech in the backstage. Kudos to Phil & Lord & Pascal for making this vision a reality.🕷

Here's to a sequel and Spider-Gwen spinoff! Truly the best timeline.

I don't know if it's funny or poetic that Solo bombed this year and Lord and Miller's film gets a Golden Globe and most likely an Oscar.

It's funny and poetic, and maybe even a little sad.

If L&M did Solo maybe I would have actually watched it.

L&M Solo would’ve been just unbearable

Michaelf2225 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:21 pm
Solo is unbearable.

Numbers wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:13 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:21 pm
Solo is unbearable.
Preach.

Rian Johnson:
Ok I have seen the light- Into The Spider-Verse is truly next level stuff. I just walked out of the theater & am still buzzing but might be my new favorite super hero movie full stop.
I also feel like the influence of this movie is going to run deep. It’s the Velvet Underground of superhero movies.
Neil Druckmann:
The best superhero movie ever, a wonderful love letter to superhero comics, and my favorite film of the year. Go see Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse!
🕷️

2018 was such a great year for Spider-Man.£

Yeah. Animation, movies and games. I'm not sure about the comics because I've never read Spider-Man but this is a year probably not even Batman had. If only Arkham games came out the same year as Nolan's trilogy movies we would have a different discussion, though.

LelekPL wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 4:40 am
Yeah. Animation, movies and games. I'm not sure about the comics because I've never read Spider-Man but this is a year probably not even Batman had. If only Arkham games came out the same year as Nolan's trilogy movies we would have a different discussion, though.
Comic books even more so. Slott finished his 10 year run in style and Nick Spencer is, imo, even better. Brought back MJ, for starters. Truly an all time classic year for Spidey.🕷️