Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah, it's odd that they brought a guy who had the perfect face for that role and then asked him to wear a mask, lol.£

This was a good movie. I enjoyed all the characters (Gwen Miles and Peter got the most development out of all the Spider people in this film), the music was excellent, the animation style unique and though the origin story is treading somewhat familiar ground, the fact that all these side characters have at least some semblance of nuance to them makes this a better superhero film than anything the MCU has produced recently. In fact, I hope we get more animated superhero films that explore the extent of the possibilities of that medium, which is far less limited than live-action films. I hope that this does not turn out like the Mask of the Phantasm situation where you get an excellent film but it does not make its money back...though I guess since this is aimed at a younger audience maybe that's not too much of an issue? I would happily watch this again soon. If I had any gripes, it's that the antagonist's motivations are rather simple and not given enough screen time, and it's the same with 2 out of the 6 Spider people we meet in this film.

9/10

This movie was fantastic. The animation and overall message were just superb.

Very enjoyable.

So glad Spidey is awesome again in cinematic form after the disastrous Garf movies. Oh and Steinfeld is the best on screen Gwen!

Saw this on Sunday. Easily the best CBM of the year, no doubt.

Just found out the sequel in development does not have Lord or Miller or ANY of the filmmakers that worked on this one.

wtf

just saw this

better than Homecoming

like, Miles better

heh

Cilogy wrote:
December 21st, 2018, 9:35 pm
just saw this

better than Homecoming

like, Miles better

heh
Would you say it's the Ultimate Spider-Man?

Really enjoyed this one. The animation was great to look at and it was consistently entertaining and, by the end, pretty touching. I'd give it 9/10.

Time to boost this gem over 350 mil., Oscar next. :D 🕷️