Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Saw this last night at 10PM as well, and I generally liked it. I thought the high points of this movie were amazing, but the movie felt too long at times. I feel like the movie would've been way more entertaining if it spent even more around the dancing, I thought there were too many exposition-y scenes outside of that. I thought one of the examples of the movie being too long is the epilogue though, I found it unnecessary.

Tilda Swinton is a national treasure though, and Dakota Johnson also did a really good job. Thom Yorke's score was great, and I found it fit surprisingly well. I generally liked the cinematography, I did think a lot of the scenes were underexposed though, and it was hard to tell what was happening at times.

Overall, I thought the film was pretty solid though, and there were a couple of scenes that were brilliant, and were some of the best scenes I've seen all year.

Yorke has mixed feelings on the placement/usage of "Unmade" in the film. I met him and he expressed that to the person next to me.

Bacon wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 12:53 pm
Yorke has mixed feelings on the placement/usage of "Unmade" in the film. I met him and he expressed that to the person next to me.
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat. 🕷️

Yep. it was after a show. I only talked to him for like 30 seconds but he was super cheerful and talkative. I got to hear some cool and interesting stuff as he went down the line.

He also mentioned Brad Pitt was originally intended to be the lead in Glazer's Under the Skin. Thom also has an album coming next year but he doesnt have a name for it yet.

Bacon wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 1:23 pm
Yep. it was after a show. I only talked to him for like 30 seconds but he was super cheerful and talkative. I got to hear some cool and interesting stuff as he went down the line.

He also mentioned Brad Pitt was originally intended to be the lead in Glazer's Under the Skin. Thom also has an album coming next year but he doesnt have a name for it yet.
That is sweet! :D 🕷️

Bacon wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 1:23 pm

That's rad. I wasn't able to meet him at the Chicago show (I had to leave immediately after it ended) but friends did.

The set was more of an art installation video/performance piece than a conventional show, which was also unexpected and neat. I didn't look anything up beforehand.

-Vader

I dig his solo stuff just as I do his stuff with RH, so I was down for what he brought out. I knew what to expect but it actually worked way better than I had originally anticipated. I also wasnt certain id meet him considering Thom has skipped doing it at previous shows or skipped whole sections of people (plus he never used to do this kind of thing in general willingly). He's really mellowed out with age.

I just found it fascinating that it seems Unmade was not purposefully written for the scene it is used in. I thought it worked really well but I could see Thom being surprised by its placement if it wasnt written for that.

Unmade elevated the scene for me and I thought the audio-visual contrast was more than welcome. It’s one of my favorite scenes because of it. 🕷️

ON DIGITAL JAN 15
ON BLU-RAY JAN 29
🕷

So this isn't making any money...