Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Man, I kinda hate how that's used now.

Like, true mansplaining would be that time a US politician said women's bodies have a way of shutting down the reproductive system if they experience a "legitimate rape".

Now I feel like it's used as a way to dismiss any kind of criticism of a woman by a man.

Cilogy wrote:
December 5th, 2018, 12:57 am
Man, I kinda hate how that's used now.

Like, true mansplaining would be that time a US politician said women's bodies have a way of shutting down the reproductive system if they experience a "legitimate rape".

Now I feel like it's used as a way to dismiss any kind of criticism of a woman by a man.
For me, it's not just how it's used today. It always irritated me.
Some may say it's because I'm a dude. Maybe they're right. Or maybe it's just a stupid fucking term to use.
"Mansplaining." Like really? That's the best thing we could come up with?

Why not use good ol' 'patronizing' or 'condescending' or 'dick'?

Because it's just not the same thing. Whitesplaining or mansplaining are when an ignorant person in a position of privilege believes him/herself to be qualified to explain to someone, with no such advantages at birth, how they should feel and think about their situation. Megyn Kelly or Piers Morgan for instance.

Doesn't matter if it is used in the wrong contexts often. I personally think if you are a male, you should always be open to listening, while discussing with a female about how they experience the world, instead of being confrontational and acting like you can definitely comprehend everything from the point of view of a woman.£

Master Virgo wrote:
December 5th, 2018, 4:20 pm
Because it's just not the same thing. Whitesplaining or mansplaining are when an ignorant person in a position of privilege believes him/herself to be qualified to explain to someone, with no such advantages at birth, how they should feel and think about their situation. Megyn Kelly or Piers Morgan for instance.

Doesn't matter if it is used in the wrong contexts often. I personally think if you are a male, you should always be open to listening, while discussing with a female about how they experience the world, instead of being confrontational and acting like you can definitely comprehend everything from the point of view of a woman.£
It’s unfortunately often misused to end open dialogue and conversation.

wow virgo did you just mansplain mansplaining to me

BlairCo wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 11:32 pm
Neil deGrasse Tyson Under Investigation at Fox, Nat Geo Following Sexual Misconduct Accusations
Fox and National Geographic are investigating “Cosmos” host Neil deGrasse Tyson after three women accused the celebrity astrophysicist of sexual misconduct, including rape in one instance.

Tyson did not immediately respond to requests from TheWrap for comment Friday.

On Nov. 8, Patheos published an interview with Tchiya Amet, who says Tyson drugged and raped her in 1984 when they were both grad students. On Thursday, two more women came forward with accusations in Patheos: Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, an associate professor of physics and astronomy at Bucknell University who says she was “felt up” by Tyson at a party in 2009, and his former assistant Ashley Watson, who said she quit her job because of Tyson’s sexual advances.

“The credo at the heart of ‘Cosmos’ is to follow the evidence wherever it leads. The producers of ‘Cosmos’ can do no less in this situation. We are committed to a thorough investigation of this matter and to act accordingly as soon as it is concluded,” the producers of the series said in a statement.

“We have only just become aware of the recent allegations regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson. We take these matters very seriously and we are reviewing the recent reports,” Fox Broadcasting Company and National Geographic said in a statement.

A second iteration of “Cosmos” was set to premiere in early 2019.
Three more.🕷️

Cilogy wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 1:41 am
wow virgo did you just mansplain mansplaining to me
its hard for men out there. stay strong

So the other day I was watching those cheesy christmas films on Netflix, which resulted in me feeling extra lonely and hopeless. Then I received a random dick pic from China - it instantly lifted my mood yo 😁.

So what I am saying is that sexual harrassment can be a good thing sometimes. Context is important of course.

the_red_ninja wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 3:10 pm
So the other day I was watching those cheesy christmas films on Netflix, which resulted in me feeling extra lonely and hopeless. Then I received a random dick pic from China - it instantly lifted my mood yo 😁.

So what I am saying is that sexual harrassment can be a good thing sometimes. Context is important of course.