Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Spoilers for Venom:
So I thought it was really cool to see "meanwhile in another universe" or it said multiverse I'm not sure lol anyway, it was cool to see it like is in the comics and I must say, this looks really cool on the big screen and dare I say it... In 3D. The snow added more depth than you usually see in 3D. And I really dig the animation style for this. I hope they nail the film, it looks more promising that the solo Spider-Man films, that's for sure.

Looks like the best superhero movie of the year has arrived. I've been saying it for years but looks like Lord&Miller&Co just get it - superhero genre is not about the staleness of the samey formula, it's about embracing the wilderness and variety of what is truly out there, in comic book stores, nowadays.🕷

* several reviews have been posted, more to come as they update and many others can be found on youtube, all extremely positive and in the hyperbole zone: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spider ... der_verse/

Is anyone surprised after incredible trailers? The only thing surprising is the amount of talk about it.

I had high hopes and I've been hearing nothing but good things.

In other news, Sony is still Sony.

darthnazgul wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 11:25 am
I had high hopes and I've been hearing nothing but good things.

In other news, Sony is still Sony.
I feel you. Just Spider-Gwen would be enough. With Matt Murdock as the main villain of course.🕷

The New York Film Critics Circle named this the best animated film of the year.

48 reviews on RT so far, still 100%. Average rating bumped up to a 9/10.

Seeing this in three days, luckily with subs.🕷️

Saw a preview screening of this on Friday and dug it. Incredibly well animated and very fun.

I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I thought this was just a "meh" superhero movie. Outside of the novelty of multiple Spider-People in the same movie, it has the most generic plot imaginable and the most obvious message you can think of; I was never surprised by any of the narrative turns. Some of the animation style is cool, but then there were times when it was just annoying, and I get that it's trying to translate the comic-book style for the film, but there's a reason why the style of a comic-book works within it's own medium. There were a couple of good laughs, but not this gut-busting romp that everybody has been talking it up to be. Plus, it's such a loud fucking movie. I left the cinema feeling nothing, and that was a feeling I didn't want to end up having.

Cinematic masterpiece. Emotional, visually stunning, rich in every sense.🕷️