Red Dead Redemption 2

A place to discuss music and video games.
PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:49 pm
Sorry if the post with how big the game is (storage space-wise) had this in it, but how long is it actually going to take to install and update before we can play the game? Is it going to be 9ish hours like Black Ops 4 where a ton of people wont be able to play it day 1 lol. Really considering driving out Thursday night to get it at the early release at GameStop so I can install it overnight and play it Friday.
If you pre-load it you won't have to worry as much about traffic slowing down download speeds, but keep in mind the game's around a hundred GB.

Personally, I'm getting it physical just so I won't have to deal with that very issue.

darthnazgul wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 1:02 am
PowerDump wrote:
Sorry if the post with how big the game is (storage space-wise) had this in it, but how long is it actually going to take to install and update before we can play the game? Is it going to be 9ish hours like Black Ops 4 where a ton of people wont be able to play it day 1 lol. Really considering driving out Thursday night to get it at the early release at GameStop so I can install it overnight and play it Friday.
If you pre-load it you won't have to worry as much about traffic slowing down download speeds, but keep in mind the game's around a hundred GB.

Personally, I'm getting it physical just so I won't have to deal with that very issue.
isn't part of the issue needing to deal with installing it /after/ you get the physical copy anyway?

i just bought a digital copy and preloaded it a few days ago

-Vader

The game is already installed, there is no Day One patch, you hit play when midnight hits at your place.🕷️

Vader182 wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 1:35 am
darthnazgul wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 1:02 am
PowerDump wrote:

isn't part of the issue needing to deal with installing it /after/ you get the physical copy anyway?

i just bought a digital copy and preloaded it a few days ago

-Vader
Dynamic horses btw
Last edited by prince0gotham on October 24th, 2018, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 4:20 am
The game is already installed, there is no Day One patch, you hit play when midnight hits at your place.🕷️
Nah, physical copy for me.

There is a day 1 patch tho i think i heard something about 3gb patch or something

PowerDump wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 7:30 am
m4st4 wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 4:20 am
Nah, physical copy for me.
Two bluray discs (read that right yes), one for play one for install data. Don’t expect to play it immediately.🕷️

finally a game that lets you play as Huey Lewis

hip to be outlaw?