⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
If someone can't handle being fired and offs themselves, that's their own fault, not the employer's.

This is so speculative. And I don't like the implication that Villeneuve (or whoever fired JJ) was partly responsible for JJ's death. We'll never know that if they don't tell us.

I doubt if Jóhannsson committed suicide because he got fired off 2049. Villeneuve needed something closer to Vangelis, apparently Jóhannsson's work wasn't that.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
October 13th, 2018, 10:56 pm
If someone can't handle being fired and offs themselves, that's their own fault, not the employer's.
Ugh, duh! People just don't commit suicide because they just got fired. It's more complicated than that. Ever heard of depression or bipolar disorder? Wonder if you would have said that same crap if someone in your family have that problem.

I really need to know what he did with BR2049. What a terrible loss:

There's no way they took all his stuff out of BR2049. The Beast and Flight To LAPD sounds so familiar in some aspects.

vs

Last edited by LEXX on October 14th, 2018, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anarchy wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 3:57 am
This is so speculative. And I don't like the implication that Villeneuve (or whoever fired JJ) was partly responsible for JJ's death. We'll never know that if they don't tell us.
This. People cross a dangerous line by suggesting or flat out accusing other people as responsible for someone’s suicide. One day it’s a past employer, next day - it’s a loved one, an ex, friend, or someone else. We most likely won’t ever get to know the full story, so I’d rather just not speculate on such sensitive topic. Especially if said person may have had a history of mental illness/other health related stuff factoring in (addiction is an illness as well).

LEXX wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 4:21 pm
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
October 13th, 2018, 10:56 pm
Ugh, duh! People just don't commit suicide because they just got fired. It's more complicated than that. Ever heard of depression or bipolar disorder? Wonder if you would have said that same crap if someone in your family have that problem.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Let me be clear. I was not trying to suggest any correlation between his firing and his death, nor was I trying to put blame on Denis. I just remembered his firing having a significant amount of ambiguity behind-the-scenes, so there may be a good stuff none of us even have a clue about. There's no point in trying to connect the dots when we don't have it all.

well enough of this conversation
Nomis wrote:
October 13th, 2018, 7:14 am
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
October 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
controversial opinion
hope its not zimmer
y?
whenever i hear zimmer stuff i find it kinda samey, and imo not making project-specific creative choices is a cardinal sin

October 14th, 2018, 10:26 pm
well enough of this conversation
Nomis wrote:
October 13th, 2018, 7:14 am
October 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
controversial opinion
hope its not zimmer
y?
whenever i hear zimmer stuff i find it kinda samey, and imo not making project-specific creative choices is a cardinal sin
You felt Gladiator, TDK, Interstellar, Dunkirk and 2049 were samey? 🕷

nah his stuff post tdkr