Theatrical plays and musicals - official thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Can't believe I missed this news - Spacey is bringing his incredible Clarence Darrow to NY. Two nights only.
http://m.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/237621/2300194

Not sure about the stadium setting though because part of what made the London production so good was the intimacy of the staging...but at least it's in the round

I got to see Carey Mulligan in a one woman monologue show 'Girls & Boys' on stage today. What an incredible and rewarding experience. Sadly I was not able to get her autograph and a picture with her after the show. But she sweetly thanked everyone for attending when she came out. She seemed completely exhuased as this was her very last show and I can easisly see why this performance was so draining- the material goes to such dark places and it is all just her for an hour and a half no breaks. I dunno how she did that.... :clap:

Going to see Rade Šerbedžija in King Lear tonight for the first time, out in the open, on an island - so excited.🕷

Saw Bartlett Sher's direction of The King and I recently and ,minor the well designed set and costume work,the questionable acting and lack of connection between the two leads was all too noticeable.
Ken Watanabe ,being the the big (ish) name to draw a bigger public crowd in, didn't help in this matter primarily because he cant sing.

What I saw yesterday was by far the best theatrical play I've witnessed so far. Three and a half hours around the island Brijuni and Rade was such a majestic king, he literally cried his heart out two feet from me and it was a sight to behold. I truly believe he'd be a global star and not just ex-Yu, on par with Hopkins, Olivier, McKellen, if he were an Englishman and not Croatian.

Anyway, standing ovation for about 15 minutes and the actors ended up applauding us for being so relentlessly loud.

This is Fiennes as Rade's guest on the very island I was yesterday, couple of years back. Still can't believe I wasn't there at the time.🕷

Šerbedžija is always great, glad you got to see him live. Always a buzz to see your heroes live.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 1:23 am
Šerbedžija is always great, glad you got to see him live. Always a buzz to see your heroes live.
Have you seen yours yet, from the ones who are still with us? I should travel more, go to Venice, London, see more. 🕷️

m4st4 wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 11:54 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 1:23 am
Have you seen yours yet, from the ones who are still with us? I should travel more, go to Venice, London, see more. 🕷️
In the acting world, only James Earl Jones and Angela Lansbury. "Only"

So, I’m prepping the new play with the team and might’ve pushed too far with Mr.Robot/Eyes Wide Shut/Suspiria references...

🕷️