Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Damn, this was awesome. I was not ready for that emotional gut punch at the end.

This was also the second loudest theatre experience I've had, after Dunkirk.

Rewatched first MI. 2 today. The rest to follow.

I so want to see this again. I saw it in IMAX last week and I was blown away. The stunts were top notch and the story was interesting.
I hope we see the Apostles more in the next movie.

Artemis wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 6:39 pm
I so want to see this again. I saw it in IMAX last week and I was blown away. The stunts were top notch and the story was interesting.
Going for a third time while it's still in Dolby

Bacon wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 6:25 pm
Rewatched first MI. 2 today. The rest to follow.
Nice, the best is yet to come.🕷️

I love this movie. Its in my opinion mind blowing :o . The story is fine, but i love the caracters. Henry Cavill is a badass in this movie. And yes, the stunts are incredible !
Watch it in IMAX, its very worth it.

But i have only one question
Why was on the second helicopter a rope for Ethan to clime on? I mean its an amazing scene, one of my favorites. But was there a reason for having a payload. I only remember that August Walker gets a save place by taking a helicopter.

Try my best English here, iam from the Netherlands ;)

jacobj wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 11:45 am
I love this movie. Its in my opinion mind blowing :o . The story is fine, but i love the caracters. Henry Cavill is a badass in this movie. And yes, the stunts are incredible !
Watch it in IMAX, its very worth it.

But i have only one question
Why was on the second helicopter a rope for Ethan to clime on? I mean its an amazing scene, one of my favorites. But was there a reason for having a payload. I only remembe that August could get a save place.

Try my best English here, iam from the Netherlands ;)
That’s a good question. McQ said in a podcast that he saw a helicopter with the payload while they were scouting for a different scene and he came up with the sequence right there on the spot. I don’t believe there’s a in-movie explanation (perhaps someone else here), but you could maybe connect it to them extracting the necessities (weapons, food and whatnot) before the whole valley goes kablooey.🕷️

TeddyBlass wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 6:44 pm
Artemis wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Going for a third time while it's still in Dolby
i just saw it in Dolby (a-list is great)

my first DC experience, and i gotta say it should be the standard for cinemas. the PQ and sound are incredible, however i will admit i expected the screen to be a bit bigger (it’s pretty small compared to even the smallest IMAX’s i’ve been to. i also prefer the seating position/field of view in IMAX theaters, but that’s definitely a preference thing

regardless, any time i have an option to see Dolby going forward, it’ll be my go-to

Yeah, Blade Runner 2049 in Dolby was prob a better experience than Dunkirk in 70mm IMAX for me.