IT: Chapter Two (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 12:05 pm
it's pretty amazing how much all the men look like the young cast members playing the same roles

It's a perfect looking cast across the board. I cannot and will never understand the complaints against Chastain. In my mind, she is probably the most perfectly cast out of everybody.

Well, I don't think you can say she's the best cast of the lot yet. They are just starting shooting, so the cast and crew don't even know what performances are in store lol

Anyway, it's not that I have anything against Chastain as grown up Beverly; Amy Adams just looks a whole lot like her and, or better said: even more importantly; Adams is more than capable to deliver both the softness and strength which Beverly has as a character. And that's what Lillis also has done with her performance.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Chastain will do a good job. She's very talented and she's convinced me she can play a very fragile and sympathetic character as well (Molly's Game).

I'm just basing it on looks in comparison to the younger cast. While I know that Sophia Lillis is playing young Camille in Sharp Objects, I just couldn't picture Amy Adams in the role of Beverley. Chastain just feels like a natural fit for Beverley, even when I was reading the book.

Ace

Jessica walking around looking perplexed, as usual.

Interested to see the group dynamics. Hopefully a lot of sexual tension and teasing. I was quite very sad that King's orgy scene from the novel never made it into Chapter One.

Infidel wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Interested to see the group dynamics. Hopefully a lot of sexual tension and teasing. I was quite very sad that King's orgy scene from the novel never made it into Chapter One.
Why would anyone even want to see that? Lmao keep trolling

Thedarknight628 wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 6:34 pm
Infidel wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Why would anyone even want to see that? Lmao keep trolling
It is one of THE most important parts of the book.

OK.£

Sure, but there are plenty of other ways to get the message across instead of having to describe the kids having an orgy.