Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Maybe an annoucement at Comic Con, it can be a possibility.

Unless he's miraculously doing Batman 4, that's not the place for an announcement of a Nolan film.

LelekPL wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 8:55 am
Unless he's miraculously doing Batman 4, that's not the place for an announcement of a Nolan film.
Well, so it's impossible :lol:
But an annoucement in July, outside Comic-Con, I want to believe it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he waits until the fall to announce something, with a release date for summer 2020. All speculation, of course.

if there's any genre that needs some new life (i.e. finally a real good film of that genre) it's videogame adaptations lol

If there's anyone who could do that... It's Nolan.

Nomis wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 6:41 am
if there's any genre that needs some new life (i.e. finally a real good film of that genre) it's videogame adaptations lol

Is this a genre, though? Are book adaptations one genre? I don't think so.

The cool thing about video games adaptations is that it has infinity potential, it can be any genre. The reason why none of them have been successful has little to do with the source itself, but rather with the people who have tried to adapt it.

You can do horror, action, comedy, anything. You just need talented people and a decent enough lore and you have yourself the potential for a good movie, regardless of its video game roots.

One more thing that the film studios are also doing wrong is that they're going for IPs that are passed their prime. Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, etc. They're always too late to the party if they want their IP to bring some extra cash due to name recognition. I'm not saying they should be working on Fortnite: The Movie, but at least on something that's relevant now or something that the gamers are excited for. Maybe Cyberpunk or that Metal Gear Solid's guy new game?

LelekPL wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 7:14 am
Nomis wrote:

Is this a genre, though? Are book adaptations one genre? I don't think so.

The cool thing about video games adaptations is that it has infinity potential, it can be any genre. The reason why none of them have been successful has little to do with the source itself, but rather with the people who have tried to adapt it.

You can do horror, action, comedy, anything. You just need talented people and a decent enough lore and you have yourself the potential for a good movie, regardless of its video game roots.

One more thing that the film studios are also doing wrong is that they're going for IPs that are passed their prime. Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, etc. They're always too late to the party if they want their IP to bring some extra cash due to name recognition. I'm not saying they should be working on Fortnite: The Movie, but at least on something that's relevant now or something that the gamers are excited for. Maybe Cyberpunk or that Metal Gear Solid's guy new game?
If we are talking Video Game adaptations I'd kill for him to do Bio Shock. I think that world is so full of possibilities. Seeing Rapture in IMAX would be something.

Nomis wrote:

Dude already created the best one with Inception :lol:
I mean imagine you are reading this synopsis from the back of a videogame box:
Dom Cobb is a thief with the rare ability to enter people's dreams and steal their secrets from their subconscious. His skill has made him a hot commodity in the world of corporate espionage but has also cost him everything he loves. Cobb gets a chance at redemption when he is offered a seemingly impossible task: Plant an idea in someone's mind. If he succeeds, it will be the perfect crime, but a dangerous enemy anticipates Cobb's every move.
Anyways if he were to make a video game adaptation I think these are a few he could do justice:
-Half-life
-Metal Gear
-Bioshock
-Deus Ex

I would love it if he did Half-Life. But doesn't Bad Robot have the rights to that adaption? Doubt he will be involved with them.

Nolan isn’t doing a video game adaption.

In fact, we don’t have a clue whatsoever of what his next film will be about. I’m still hoping for a big-budget horror.