Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 7:43 pm
This won't hurt his career; the only bridge that's burning here is between him and Disney.
I think it definitely hurts him at the studio level, at least for a little while. Disney is going to absorb Fox in about a year, that's 40% of the marketplace. They publicly kicked him out on the basis of his expressed attitudes being "indefensible and inconsistent with our values." It's like a brand that puts the other major studios, by default, in the position of having to acknowledge "well, all that indefensible stuff is good with our values!"

His reaction to the business decision of severing ties between him and Disney indicates to me that he won't have too much trouble finding work.

Twitter was only 2 - 3 years old when Gunn posted those tweets, before anybody even took Twitter seriously or used it as an outlet for news or opinion. Are the things Gunn said disgusting and vile? Absolutely. But the utilisation of the website has evolved from just trolls posting vile shit (though plenty still lurk about) to celebrities informing the public on current events.

BlairCo wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 8:48 pm
His reaction to the business decision of severing ties between him and Disney indicates to me that he won't have too much trouble finding work.

Twitter was only 2 - 3 years old when Gunn was posted those tweets, before anybody even took Twitter seriously or used it as an outlet for news or opinion. Are the things Gunn said disgusting and vile? Absolutely. But the utilisation of the website has evolved from just trolls posting vile shit (though plenty do lurk about) to celebrities informing the public on current events.
The with #metoo movement. He ain't going to find any job soon or anyone who is going to jump on board and give him one.

How Gunn takes a blow like this and Whedon doesn't makes no sense to me. #MeToo movement included.

Bacon wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 8:56 pm
How Gunn takes a blow like this and Whedon doesn't makes no sense to me. #MeToo movement included.
How so? Whedon didn't rape anyone. If he have multiple affairs who cares? They all do in Hollywood. There's a different between having an inappropriate emotionally affair than a physically forcing one.

People still think that Whedon used his power and influence in order to have those affairs. The fact that it was mostly with his younger actresses brings up a lot of questions.

I think Gunn's tweets weren't good, and I understand the reasons for firing him, even if Disney probably shouldn't have hired him in the first place. I might feel more bad for the guy if I didn't still think he had a chance at a career. This isn't quite like previous celebrities that have been kicked out of Hollywood in the last year, as there is a bit more controversy here and people defending him. I think his tweet showed a sign of acceptance of the firing, and I believe he will still be able to have a career, even if it isn't at the same level as it was before. Morgan Freeman has had multiple allegations against him recently, but I don't think he will lose his career either.

I think the best step Gunn should be looking at right now is how to make a positive impact in the world, whether it's through donating to charities or making a documentary/film about political issues, or anything else that will have a very positive impact on the world. We'll see where Gunn goes from here.

My interest in anything Marvel is completely shot following Avengers 4 because of this.

Bacon wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 1:27 am
My interest in anything Marvel is completely shot following Avengers 4 because of this.