Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
As epic as everyone was saying it is, just relentless and surprisingly emotional.
Only negative is the lack of a tightly plotted more spy-esque narrative like ROGUE NATION. Here it's way more of an action-forward saving the world type of one, which I guess makes sense given how McQ wanted to make a different film. The way how this links in to ROGUE NATION and the other films Easter egg wise, main story and also emotiotionally is really great. I kept thinking of SPECTRE and FALLOUT really is, to RN's SKYFALL, except done RIGHT. The increase in scale and change in approach is done so well. Cast is utterly fantastic though, like in RN they're really a great asset in planting the seeds for the future. Look forward to seeing more of everyone in the future - and again the EMOTION. Nearly welled up in a few moments. MVPs also: Rob Hardy's cinematography and that EPIC score courtesy Lorne Balfe which of course channels Zimmer but that whole epic-ed upgrade is the point on all fronts. After all, take a bow McQ and, as much as I hate to say it...your move, Danny. Gonna take a great BOND 25 to top this/bring the franchise in line to, at least for now, its superior American cousin

P.S. please don't tell me that was McQ responding to CinemaSins with those sped up studio logos at the start

antovolk wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 6:52 pm
P.S. please don't tell me that was McQ responding to CinemaSins with those sped up studio logos at the start
What do you mean? Do people still watch CinemaSins?

Pioneerr wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 5:54 am
antovolk wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 6:52 pm
What do you mean? Do people still watch CinemaSins?

the logos are played on fast forward in FALLOUT

faster like in Gone Girl? I liked that.

Nomis wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 6:12 am
faster like in Gone Girl? I liked that.
Faster as in literally fast forward like on Spielberg's last few films

Rogue Nation did have an absurd amount

ArmandFancypants wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 7:48 am
Rogue Nation did have an absurd amount
Well, blame the Chinese I guess :P. At least in Fallout is down to 4 logos from 5, and it's not as ridiculous as this:

I mean, it was 10 seconds max before cinemascope so yeah. Less vanity logo time the better

Vader182 wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 1:28 am
xWhereAmI? wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 12:16 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 11:48 pm

Just sayin.
One of the best and most fluent directed/edited sequences ever made. Every time I see it I get chills. I hate when people think this franchise is automatically garbage just because it has sequels and will not watch a scene like this because of their mindset. How could any filmmaker or movie fan say this is not godly?
in that case if you haven't done a deep dive into De Palma, I can promise you he is very much your shit

-Vader
Honestly I have not seen much De Palma. "The Untouchables" is one of my favorite films though and of course I've seen the first M:I film he directed.

Checks calendar... 12 days 8 hours until local premiere.

...fuck.