Rub & Tug (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
She is fantastic in Lost in Translation, Don Jon and Under the Skin, as well as some nice voice work in Jungle Book, Sing, Her. The rest the performances in her movies however are just really bland, and she's one of the few actresses I'd actually claim is quite overrated.

Ace
Scarlett Johansson Exits Trans Film ‘Rub and Tug’
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/scar ... ssion=true
Scarlett Johansson has exited the drama film “Rub and Tug” a little more than a week after her casting sparked backlash amid trans groups and activists, a source with knowledge of the situation confirms to Variety.

“In light of recent ethical questions raised surrounding my casting as Dante Tex Gill, I have decided to respectfully withdraw my participation in the project,” Johansson told Out Magazine, which first reported the news, in a statement. “Our cultural understanding of transgender people continues to advance, and I’ve learned a lot from the community since making my first statement about my casting and realize it was insensitive. I have great admiration and love for the trans community and am grateful that the conversation regarding inclusivity in Hollywood continues. According to GLAAD, LGBTQ+ characters dropped 40% in 2017 from the previous year, with no representation of trans characters in any major studio release.”

“While I would have loved the opportunity to bring Dante’s story and transition to life, I understand why many feel he should be portrayed by a transgender person, and I am thankful that this casting debate, albeit controversial, has sparked a larger conversation about diversity and representation in film,” the statement continues. “I believe that all artists should be considered equally and fairly. My production company, These Pictures, actively pursues projects that both entertain and push boundaries. We look forward to working with every community to bring these most poignant and important stories to audiences worldwide.”

Yaaaaaasssss Scarlett!! Greatest actress eva!!!!!! Can't wait to see you kick ass in a cis woman role in Black Widow girl!
Okay but for real though. This is pretty awesome of her to do. I imagine for a lot of actors it must be hard to withdraw from a role since you're essentially losing out on a paycheck. So kudos to her for making a very tough decision.

Artemis wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:01 pm
Yaaaaaasssss Scarlett!! Greatest actress eva!!!!!! Can't wait to see you kick ass in a cis woman role in Black Widow girl!
Okay but for real though. This is pretty awesome of her to do. I imagine for a lot of actors it must be hard to withdraw from a role since you're essentially losing out on a paycheck. So kudos to her for making a very tough decision.
She brought this mess upon herself. There's nothing to applaud.

She just doesn't give a shit. An entitled brat with zero awareness.

MyCocaine wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:29 pm
Artemis wrote:
She brought this mess upon herself. There's nothing to applaud.

She just doesn't give a shit. An entitled brat with zero awareness.
Never ever going to say a nice thing about Scarlett again if this is the response I get. :lol:
I unironically do agree with you though. But unlike with the Ghost in the Shell debacle, at least she stepped away from this.

I heard rumors she's gonna play a soccer coach next, in an upcoming movie set in Thailand.

You know what, ScarlJo...?

MyCocaine wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:29 pm
An entitled brat with zero awareness.
Definitely reminds me of someone.

Artemis wrote:
She can get that check whenever, this was obviously a marketing pull. Too much heat.

Good job Scarlett.

now the movie's gonna end up being an obscure indie film even before it's made.