Hideo Kojima Official Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
antovolk wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 5:30 am
Good lord this looks spectacular. And Seydoux! I don't even own a console anymore but man I am on the hype train for this. And even more mystery cast members?

Now go turn this into a screenplay, attach GDT to direct, keep that whole cast.
GDT is not worthy. He's not on the same directorial level as Kojima. And yes, I just leveled Kojima with film directors. Also, his games probably wouldn't work in another medium.

So this looks incredible

m4st4 wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 7:46 am
antovolk wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 5:30 am
Good lord this looks spectacular. And Seydoux! I don't even own a console anymore but man I am on the hype train for this. And even more mystery cast members?

Now go turn this into a screenplay, attach GDT to direct, keep that whole cast.
GDT is not worthy. He's not on the same directorial level as Kojima. And yes, I just leveled Kojima with film directors. Also, his games probably wouldn't work in another medium.
Good point with the apparently super unique dynamics (particularly with multiplayer) that have been teased but those aside the lore and the story and everything else is Kojima getting as close as he can to making a movie without actually doing one. From footage so far it's like a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk At The Mountains of Madness, heavy Lovecraft vibes, it's prob how GDT got interested in appearing in it his friendship with Hideo aside.

Kojima's given 3 interviews and provided no new information lol

idk if I love that or hate it

EDIT: In other news, I'm downloading MGSV again haha

I think he has said a lot.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 7:42 pm
I think he has said a lot.

-Vader
We know you do

He reiterated what we already knew in all three interviews.

The main thing I thought was interesting was his discussion about how delicately you have to balance your character at certain points, indicating the "delivering packages" as seen in the trailer is (as I thought) a more crucial aspect of gameplay than we thought.

If the way combat evolves in MGSV is comparable to Tetris, I wonder if that same mentality will extend to elements of Death Stranding as a quasi-platformer in the above sense.

Obviously I get frustration at being teased, but if his intention is for us to arrive to what Death Stranding is and what it means on our own, and that this is part of the Death Stranding experience itself, I embrace it.

EDIT: also
“Once the game is completed I believe people will be able to connect all these elements,” he explains via a translator. “It’s not that I’m just putting random hints out there - everything comes together. I’m trying to make sure that all the pieces of the puzzle fit in. But if I just give answers to people at this stage? I don’t think that’s very interesting.

“We live in a society where any questions you have you can go to the internet and immediately get answers. What is fun? What is not fun? What is in this game? What is not in this game? Everyone asks but that’s exactly what I want people to perceive on their own, because that is what is fun about a video game. I want people to have these conversations to build excitement until they have the final answers. The game hasn’t been completed at this point but we already have some sort of game going on with the fans already.”

-Vader