The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 11:42 pm
m4st4 wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 11:28 pm
Violence is specifically designed to be repulsive:
https://kotaku.com/the-last-of-us-part- ... ku_Twitter
Speaking of which, I found it kind of strange that Ellie verbally reacted to that guy's intestines falling out.

Like, why would that bother her?
Exactly the point of that interview? She’s doing horrific things to survive, doesn’t mean she’ll ever get used to it, or at least not after only four years post TLOU.

So I saw a video of Dr.Disrespect or whatever the fuck is his nick and he made a reaction video to this and when Ellie and Dina kiss he pulls out a bug repelent and starts spraying. And this is the guy that Fortnite kids worship these days. For fucks sake. Quite a bit of dislikes on YouTube as well. I say good riddance vermins, should’ve left after Left Behind.

m4st4 wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 7:40 am
So I saw a video of Dr.Disrespect or whatever the fuck is his nick and he made a reaction video to this and when Ellie and Dina kiss he pulls out a bug repelent and starts spraying. And this is the guy that Fortnite kids worship these days. For fucks sake. Quite a bit of dislikes on YouTube as well. I say good riddance vermins, should’ve left after Left Behind.
Everything he does is an act, but it doesn't mean it's a stupid act. He basically got famous on Twitch for trash talking other streamers, but gets really offended and pissed off when someone jokes about him.

He also cheated on his wife whom he had a two year old daughter with. He's pathetic.

not sure why i see ppl on reddit questioning the legitimacy of the demo

like, the demos for both uncharted 4 and last of us showcased nearly identical levels with nearly identical mechanics. the only thing i think you couldn’t do in the original ginal last of us was take someone’s gun from them

Michaelf2225 wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 10:54 am
not sure why i see ppl on reddit questioning the legitimacy of the demo

like, the demos for both uncharted 4 and last of us showcased nearly identical levels with nearly identical mechanics. the only thing i think you couldn’t do in the original ginal last of us was take someone’s gun from them
Even Tomb Raider dev was salty on Twitter, so industry expert made a one hour analysis video on animation and its legitimacy:

https://t.co/ECQQ7DeBeK

So I’ve been rethinking my position on the overall narrative of the game after this latest interview and my focus finally shifted from Ellie to Dina.

What is the meaning of the name Dina, or Dinah in Hebrew?
The name Dinah is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Dinah is: Avenged. Judged and vindicated. Famous bearer: biblical Dinah, Jacob's only daughter
Avenged. She was avenged because she was raped in the Old Testament. My stance right now is that she’ll be raped by the member of the seraphims (Druckmann: ‘there are fates worse than death’) and that is the event that will trigger Ellie’s need for vengeance.

First teaser:

Joel: ‘What are you doing kiddo? You’re gonna go through with this?’

Ellie: ‘I’m gonna find, and I’m gonna kill... Every... Last... One of ‘em.’

I’m going even further with this. Dina will find out she’s pregnant soon after and Ellie will have to come to peace with the situation, just like Dina will... and they will actually keep the baby.

Halley Gross (PS Experience panel): ‘I think I made someone pregnant.’

The birth of that baby will simbolize a new begining, free of hate, filled with love. Just like the first game was about the unconditional love of a parent, the second game will end with Ellie realizing and finding that same love.

Unpopular theory: Joel actually won’t die and will help Ellie find her peace ater the event. There will be a gameplay section with Old Joel of course.

Still not sure how the second timeline plays out... is it her mother or is it contemporary time and new characters. Or, perhaps, her mother but still alive? I think it’s her mother in the past. Perhaps Ellie finds out she’s also a product of hate... but also love. So why wouldn’t this new tiny life come to full realization?

Let’s see what happens. Today is June 14th, 2018.

During a behind closed door session which featured multiple developers from the game, when asked if there will be other playable characters other than Ellie, co-lead game designer, Richard Cambier, pitched in with the standard, “We aren’t saying anything about that yet.”

But it was creative director Neil Druckmann who took a moment before saying that, “Ellie is the only playable character in the game.”
Source: http://me.ign.com/en/ps4/149239/news/na ... n-the-last

Curveball?

i seem to remeber Druckman saying Joel was the only playable character in the original game way back when

but looking at the fluidity of animation here, i wouldn’t be surprised if the resources needed to create a different combat set for joel that looks just as good simply aren’t there