Hideo Kojima Official Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Bacon wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 11:54 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWcwuRGRqjQ
15 mins of Kojima fanboying out about Lindsay and saying "I can't reveal that, sorry"
That was so cute, thanks. Again he’s talking about the rope technique and reconnecting the world. I feel like this will be the nuke situation in mgsV times ten. This game will be a social experiment on a global scale!

m4st4 wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 12:11 am
Bacon wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 11:54 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWcwuRGRqjQ
15 mins of Kojima fanboying out about Lindsay and saying "I can't reveal that, sorry"
That was so cute, thanks. Again he’s talking about the rope technique and reconnecting the world. I feel like this will be the nuke situation in mgsV times ten. This game will be a social experiment on a global scale!
His Dunkirk article shed a lot of light on what I think he's up to as well, which is getting as far away from the shoot 'em up mechanics as he can.

I read a theory a few minutes ago that makes sense: you're someone who "delivers" some kind of packages (babies?) to "repair" different realities / worlds / times, and your progress is based on how many places you repair rather than how many enemies you might kill. And each "world" you try to save can only be saved if players from all over the world chime in to help (or something). And when you "die" you get sucked back into your command center / nexus of realities and lose progress, and perhaps only gain access back into that world with the help of a player already there who "ropes" you into it. And the gameplay itself will be a blend between exploration and survival horror while you navigate Lovecraftian terrains to deliver the packages.

It's one of the more reasonable interpretations of the game I've read.

-Vader

That sounds interesting. That body he was carrying? My theory is that you can actually pick up another player and carry him to a respawn point so he doesn’t lose progress. How awesome would that be?

Some random dude just picks you up, tapes you, carries you through shit, perhaps for ages... for nothing?

His truck in teaser 3 said something about Sam being a corpse deliverer.

What if this game is just a vessel for Kojima so he can play dress up with his idols, change Reedus’ hair, clothes etc., de-age his favorite actress etc.

m4st4 wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 12:47 am
What if this game is just a vessel for Kojima so he can play dress up with his idols, change Reedus’ hair, clothes etc., de-age his favorite actress etc.
I thought this was already that

just to re-emphasize:

It's telling that the only time you see a gun in the whole trailer it cuts away. Kojima is already warning players not to use guns and explosions.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 12:49 am
just to re-emphasize:

It's telling that the only time you see a gun in the whole trailer it cuts away. Kojima is already warning players not to use guns and explosions.

-Vader
Yeah, guns won’t get you far in this one. A short term boost but not a long term advancement. In fact using the gun might downgrade your progress in some way. This is truly a lovecraftian protagonist, unable to dominate in a world that is clearly not ours anymore.

Brother said he was creeped out by the baby but I must say that wink is always so cute to me.

I figure that corpses are used as weapons in this game by the enemy and you're trying to take them to Lea, who's part of a group of people that are trying to help...? Still doesn't explain why that one guy tried so adamantly to kill himself before reaching the big creature. If that's the case, it would certainly provide a situation where guns have to be used extremely carefully.

Good lord this looks spectacular. And Seydoux! I don't even own a console anymore but man I am on the hype train for this. And even more mystery cast members?

Now go turn this into a screenplay, attach GDT to direct, keep that whole cast.