Deadpool 2 (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Though it threatens to buckle under the weight of its meta gags, Deadpool 2 is a gory, gleeful lampoon of the superhero genre buoyed by Ryan Reynolds' undeniable charm.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/deadpool_2

83% so far. Glad to hear the rumors about this being a trainwreck were wrong

"Reese, Wernick, and Reynolds has proven once again that they know this beloved character in and out so much that they never seem to lose focus of his stories being HIS stories. Besides capturing the superhero and humorous aspects of him, they maintain Wade’s humanity by displaying his emotional side. The majority of this plot focuses on Wade’s reaction to tragedy and trying to get in control of his feelings. Here, we see him at his very worst where he has to face reality and the consequences of his actions. Just like its predecessor, this is another character story that displays the depth of Deadpool in ways we’ve never witnessed before."

Here is my FULL (Spoiler-Free) Review of Deadpool 2: http://rendyreviews.com/movies//deadpool-2-review

This was pretty good, but I don't think it's better than the first. The action sequences are better, and the story for the most part more intriguing this time (although very reminiscent to another story in the X-Men universe). But I didn't laugh nearly as much and they do take some weird choices along the way. It's still a solid movie, and probably better than I expected before hearing about the initial reactions.

Btw, there's no need to sit past the rolling credits, like almost my entire theater did. Nothing after the (fucking hillariously amazing) mid-credit scenes.

Saw it earlier today. It's good, very funny but it's not as great as the first one. It's not as tight, not as laugh out loud funny on a consistent basis, and it tries to do some emotional stuff that clashes with the comedy aspects and just don't work. Domino's probably the highlight.

darthnazgul wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 7:44 pm
Saw it earlier today. It's good, very funny but it's not as great as the first one. It's not as tight, not as laugh out loud funny on a consistent basis, and it tries to do some emotional stuff that clashes with the comedy aspects and just don't work. Domino's probably the highlight.
Glad to hear Zazie seems to be the highlight for many, oozing charisma.

Going to see this tomorrow.

I feel about this movie the same way I felt coming out of GOTG Vol. 2; it is infinitely more funnier than the first movie, and there are some brilliant character moments, but it such an underwhelming story paired with some really clunky pacing. I prefer Leitch's visual style, but I find Miller's approach much more emotionally engaging. It's so much fun to watch, but there are moments when there are no jokes to deliver that you feel the iffiness of the storytelling.

Half an hour to go.

Fortnite crowd tonight loved it but I feel like the pop culture references were outdated the moment I left the theatre.

m4st4 wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 4:58 pm
Fortnite crowd tonight loved it but I feel like the pop culture references were outdated the moment I left the theatre.
But did you enjoy the film?

Well that's the problem with pop culture references... But that shouldn't harm the overall film right?