God of War (PS4): The Godfather

A place to discuss music and video games.
This is like THE THING. You know what I'm saying. The action video game should have been the title of this.£

I find the reviews/reception for this extremely interesting. Most games, especially when they get in the 90s start dropping a bit as reviews go on; this game hasn’t had that, in fact it seems a heavy majority of the later reviews that come in are 10/10’s; extremely impressive. The user score on Metacritic just bumped up to 9.3 out of 10. I can’t remember any game with that high of a userscore and to think that’s with drastically changing a franchise. I thought something like that was impossible to do with how people usually freak out when “their” series changes a bit.

I don’t think this game could have possibly been received better lol.

What’s also great about this game is that right now there is no planned DLC and thank God there is no stupid season pass at all. Odds are this is the complete package, a rarity these days, especially on a Sony or Microsoft platform.

Valkyres are a bitch, just saying.
Barely got past the first three, currently at level 6.

Love the challenge though.

Finally beat the game last night and that was just WOW. Epic game, just a masterpiece. Going to clean up all the trophies so I can do another playthrough of just the single player.
Those challenges in Muspelheim and the Valkyrie are going to be tough.

SolidMel10 wrote:
May 1st, 2018, 8:10 am
Finally beat the game last night and that was just WOW. Epic game, just a masterpiece. Going to clean up all the trophies so I can do another playthrough of just the single player.
Those challenges in Muspelheim and the Valkyrie are going to be tough.
Final challenge is rough. I ended up finally beating Bloodborne DLC instead, that’s how rough it is. But I love it, all nine are some of the best fights in the entire game.

Getting this beauty tomorrow as an early college graduation gift for myself :D

xWhereAmI? wrote:
May 1st, 2018, 11:34 pm
Getting this beauty tomorrow as an early college graduation gift for myself :D
The best ones. ;)

Enjoy the wild ride!

God of War sold over 3.1 million units...in its first three days, making it the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever.