Hereditary (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Glowing reviews at SXSW:

m4st4 wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 8:27 am
Glowing reviews at SXSW:

And raved at Sundance. Looks good.

I mean, even for SXSW, the reactions were... perhaps too much for this to actually deliver? I’m really curious now.

any horror film that's above average is a "modern day masterpiece" so i just ignore critics for this kinda thing

but the footage looks like they're doing something new which means its not boring which means it's good (regardless of whether or not it's actually 'good') which means i'm looking forward to it

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 7:20 pm
any horror film that's above average is a "modern day masterpiece" so i just ignore critics for this kinda thing

but the footage looks like they're doing something new which means its not boring which means it's good (regardless of whether or not it's actually 'good') which means i'm looking forward to it
True, true. Last one that actually lived up to hype for me was The Witch, I absolutely adore it and want to see his iteration of Nosferatu. Before that It Follows, but to a lesser extent.

This is a mean-spirited film. Nobody needs this in their life.

MyCocaine wrote:
April 11th, 2018, 3:27 pm
This is a mean-spirited film. Nobody needs this in their life.
Don’t you dare make judgements for the rest of humanity, now I need this in my life more than ever.

Ace

i’ll probably never watch this

What is this movie.