Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:Because of that, I listened to the original music and looked into the film. You flat out said "Thom Yorke is no Goblin" which implies that one is inferior based on artistic quality or capability and my point was that if one person didn't need to be underestimated, it's Yorke.
This is all such a cop out tho since you quoted him and said "lmao". That's pretty much passive-aggressive and it does come from someone that is familiar with only one guy's work. Which kinda makes your initial reaction ignorant.

The fact that you went afterwards and checked the soundtrack or whatever is actually worse lol. That's not how you measure a film composer's work. These are not albums man.

RIFA wrote:
Bacon wrote:Because of that, I listened to the original music and looked into the film. You flat out said "Thom Yorke is no Goblin" which implies that one is inferior based on artistic quality or capability and my point was that if one person didn't need to be underestimated, it's Yorke.
This is all such a cop out tho since you quoted him and said "lmao". That's pretty much passive-aggressive and it does come from someone that is familiar with only one guy's work. Which kinda makes your initial reaction ignorant.
The fact that you went afterwards and checked the soundtrack or whatever is actually worse lol. That's not how you measure a film composer's work. These are not albums man.
Precisely. You need to understand how Goblin's soundtrack was actually incorporated into the film to enhance each scene.

And here's the thing, I'm a big fan of Yorke's. I'm just doubtful that he can match Goblin's work, because Goblin's Suspiria theme is a fucking masterpiece.

Both of your posts are fair and make good points. Apologies. I still think Yorke is fully capable of delivering (he may not, but who knows), and so your (Numbers) initial statement seemed like you were writing him off entirely as inferior. I get what you mean now.

Bacon wrote:Both of your posts are fair and make good points. Apologies. I still think Yorke is fully capable of delivering (he may not, but who knows), and so your (Numbers) initial statement seemed like you were writing him off entirely as inferior. I get what you mean now.
Yeah, I can see that too, but that was certainly not my intention.

Honestly, I'm having a tough time getting through the original. The acting... It's quite... bad. Is it worth sitting through?

Nomis wrote:
April 3rd, 2018, 8:14 am
Honestly, I'm having a tough time getting through the original. The acting... It's quite... bad. Is it worth sitting through?
It's a bad movie. Dario Argento never made it past the giallo form he was always best known for. Sure, Goblin soundtrack is inventive and unforgettable and the visuals are definitely something that helps elevate Suspiria as a whole, but the script, deliveries and even directing are just not working. It's a B horror movie, of course, and a cult horror movie as well, but nowhere near the cult classic B horrors. If one movie needs a remake, it's this one.

The English dub acting isn't very good but I otherwise love the original movie.

Great acting from this dynamic duo

Bacon wrote:
April 3rd, 2018, 3:51 pm
Great acting from this dynamic duo
nitpicky

It's Suzy who plays the straight woman to all the craziness and contrasts with it.