Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
If I lock this thread, it would be only to Batfan's satisfaction for being able to have that much influence. Then when he feels bored he will go find another thread suitable for his intentions to do his thing there. So I suggest that we wouldn't do that.£

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime

Do we know why he and Ant-Man are not here?

I'd say Ant-Man won't actually be a part of Infinity War but will instead appear in Avengers 4. As for Hawkeye, hard to say.

Empire subscriber's cover:

Bacon wrote:
March 18th, 2018, 10:37 pm
Renner is not in MI6. I doubt he won't be in this as well.

Bacon wrote:
March 18th, 2018, 10:37 pm
probably getting their own standalone film

Hawkeye and Cap Marvel are the secret ingredients of A4 is my bet.

Master Virgo wrote:
March 18th, 2018, 6:23 pm
If I lock this thread, it would be only to Batfan's satisfaction for being able to have that much influence. Then when he feels bored he will go find another thread suitable for his intentions to do his thing there. So I suggest that we wouldn't do that.£

I value discussion at all times and engage in it the same way everybody else does so I would argue that this is a misreading of my character. I would also argue that keeping the threads open benefits everyone who wishes to say anything about the films they want to share with others. I don't get satisfaction out of anyone being deprived of that opportunity, ever. That's not why I comment on threads.

Master Virgo wrote:
March 18th, 2018, 6:23 pm
Oh absolutely, I posted it as a pun, we’ve had far worse situations.;)

Anyway this seems to be the first of the truly big releases this year so I’m legit excited to see if Russos can pull off the impossible, at least it’s pretty long and a first parter in a way. If they manage to engage the audiences like they did in TWS and CW (I thought Tony v Cap was phenomenal because it was so scaled down and personal), we’re in for a treat.

My two cents on the MCU dealing with deaths. These are comic book adaptations. Or rather: mainstream superhero comic book adaptations. And the way those roll is simple, yet complex: there are no actual deaths, ever. There is only metamorphosis. What you’re constantly getting is these (super) characters that are put in a position to choose what is right and what is wrong, and sometimes the line is a blur so there’s also a conflict of opinion, both in their cosmos and within themselves. Sure, sometimes Gwen Stacy dies and changes an entire medium, Comedian dies and Watchmen begins, or Jason Todd gets a crowbar and suddenly nobody is safe... or, more often, characters who are long dead come back but they are always deeply changed. The reason such trope exists is because comic books are an industry first and foremost, and people don’t want to suddenly not read about their favorite characters. But that doesn’t mean any of the stuff that I’ve mentioned cannot be done in a meaningful, thought provoking way. Death is not the only tool in writer’s disposal, but it certainly is one of the most effective ways to create tension... and I’m sure someone important will die in Infinity War. It won’t determine the quality of this movie though, far from it.

Fighting the fact that industry behaves as an industry sure is a task worthy of Don Quijote. Accepting the tropes and finding the quality that lies within is the logical step forward; or, there’s always giving up and moving onto different things.

MCU can always do better, they’ve come far from Iron Man (still ages like a fine vine I’d say) and they’ve had their share of missteps. Phase 3 is a major progress and whatever comes after IW movies should continue switching up the formula.

£