Black Panther (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Marshall doesn't deserve Blunt and Miranda, but eh, whatever.£

darthnazgul wrote:
March 6th, 2018, 5:35 pm
MFW my friend who just saw the film says that Kilmonger is just the same villain as Ultron and that the plot is the same as Ragnarok:
secret sibling comes to take our brother's throne after the king is dead...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to pick up on those similarities.

said brother gets help from a big guy...

The Oscars proved yet again this year that they have little interest in nominating major comic book movies for top-tier awards. Movies like THOR: RAGNAROK and WONDER WOMAN received no nominations despite being hailed by critics and audiences around the world. Many in the movie community are wondering when a movie will finally break the mold and snag a key nomination for Best Picture, and director Christopher Nolan thinks we now have that movie with BLACK PANTHER.

Deadline’s Pete Hammond caught up with many of last Sunday’s winners at the post-Oscar ceremony festivities, and there he was able to catch up with Best Director nominee Nolan, whose movie, DUNKIRK, won three awards. The two chatted about the 2019 Oscars, and it was then Nolan predicted that Marvel’s PANTHER will get a nomination for Best Picture.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/christo ... nation-278

all I can see for this is MBJ maaaaaaaybe getting a nod

Like...the movie's good...but what? Best Picture material this is not (MBJ is hardly BSA as good as he is in the film).

Bacon wrote:
March 7th, 2018, 7:03 pm
Like...the movie's good...but what? Best Picture material this is not (MBJ is hardly BSA as good as he is in the film).

Most Best Picture nominees aren't Best Picture material

This film is better than the new BP champ, for starters

If Nolan thinks Black Panther will be a Best Picture contender, then no wonder he's yet to win an Oscar.

Bacon wrote:
March 7th, 2018, 7:03 pm
Wrong.