Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

"Star Wars' is a big galaxy, and you can sort of find almost anything you want to in 'Star Wars,'" Abrams told IndieWire.

"If you are someone who feels threatened by women and needs to lash out against them, you can probably find an enemy in 'Star Wars.' You can probably look at the first movie that George [Lucas] did ['Star Wars: A New Hope'] and say that Leia was too outspoken, or she was too tough. Anyone who wants to find a problem with anything can find the problem. The internet seems to be made for that."
IndieWire asked if the fan outcry would impact his vision for Episode IX:

"Not in the least. There's a lot that I would like to say about it, but I feel like it's a little early to be having the 'Episode IX' conversation ... I will say that the story of Rey and Poe and Finn and Kylo Ren — and if you look, there are three men and one woman, to those that are complaining that there are too many women in 'Star Wars' — their story continues in a way that I couldn't be more excited about and cannot wait for people to see."
Good. Let's see what happens.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime

Anything that’s genuinely good doesn’t play by the numbers. Some of the great stories that are being told, especially on TV, are incredibly risky and unusual and wildly successful because of that.
- JJ Abrams

https://www.shortlist.com/entertainment ... oot/346613

lol

He's trying to tell us why Cloverfield Paradox is a masterpiece

Sanchez wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 5:36 pm
He's trying to tell us why Cloverfield Paradox is a masterpiece
lol, the quote is just rich coming from him.

I have a feeling IX is going to be as gutsy and take as much risks as The Last Jedi and J.J. is trying to set the expectations for it.

Is he gonna be successful? I honestly have no idea.

You can use many words to describe Chris Terrio's script for BvS. Safe is not one of them.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 8:33 pm
You can use many words to describe Chris Terrio's script for BvS. Safe is not one of them.
Trash IS one of them though.

Allstar wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 8:35 pm
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 8:33 pm
Trash IS one of them though.
But at least you know episode 9 will not be trash and boring/safe.