Untitled DCEU Batgirl Film (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:34 am
Allstar wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:32 am
Let's not pretend Nomis is rational.
We all know he’s not, at least when it comes to dcEu. Nice dodge btween.
Nothing to dodge. I thought it was funny and absurd so I bumped it. I really don’t care what anyone thinks.

Allstar wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:36 am
m4st4 wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:34 am
Allstar wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:32 am
Let's not pretend Nomis is rational.
We all know he’s not, at least when it comes to dcEu. Nice dodge btween.
Nothing to dodge. I thought it was funny and absurd so I bumped it. I really don’t care what anyone thinks.
You rebel. But sure thing. ;)

Allstar wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:36 am
This is an online discussion forum...

In regards to bumping the post guys...stop being so obtuse.

Allstar wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 1:43 am
In regards to bumping the post guys...stop being so obtuse.
Same as any sort of repeated, annoying behavior (like, for example, Batfan’s anticorporate bs in every thread all the time), perhaps people continuously react because they don’t like it? Perhaps.

Oh well. Maybe just laugh it off and get the stick out of your ass?

stop kinkshaming

Ace wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 4:25 pm
Industry sources add that even as Whedon faced story issues, in today’s cultural entertainment environment, a male filmmaker may have faced greater public scrutiny if he were to have tackled a movie with such feminist importance such as Batgirl or Wonder Woman, much like a white filmmaker would have seen backlash if they were to take on the Black Panther movie.
Which is kind of regressive, in a way. Because it almost implies that if a white male couldnt make those films, then woman or people of color couldn't really make films concerning subjects outside their demographic or identity.

Like, great that Jenkins directed WW, or Coogler did Black Panther. And wow it's so cool that Captain Marvel is the only MCU film to have a female (co) director.

I mean, I guess some nice recent exceptions have been Waititi' s Ragnorok or Wan's Aquaman.

But, like if you really wanna be forward thinking, you give the next Avengers film to someone who's not a white male.

Or just let Jenkins do every DC film from now on, because even that is better than whatever blindfolded, "pin the tail on the donkey" game DC plays when making decisions about their cinematic universe.

Cilogy, these people don’t think with common sense.

Reminder that The Killing Joke has that icky prologue with Batgirl and no one thought it was a BAD idea.