Untitled DCEU Batgirl Film (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ninja should be Starfire cause Dick.

darthnazgul wrote:Ninja should be Starfire cause Dick.
YEEEEEEESSSSSSS Ninja would be awesome as Starfire!

Ruth wrote:Someone drop the link to this thread to WB so it can be our collective casting :clap: I oughta brush up on my American accent though
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm pretty sure that WB knows we exist! Teddy and Alex have gotten press packages from them before. Hopefully they read this lol.

Hopefully they don't read the Dunkirk subforum.

akv1984 wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:Ninja should be Starfire cause Dick.
YEEEEEEESSSSSSS Ninja would be awesome as Starfire!
idk, Dick just likes Starfire for her body, whereas dickbabs is endgame yo #shipperproblems

Ace
Joss Whedon Exits 'Batgirl' Movie (Exclusive)

Joss Whedon is saying goodbye to DC Entertainment heroine Batgirl.

Whedon, the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer among other pop culture touchstones, is exiting the Warner Bros. feature project which he was writing and slated to direct.

“Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn’t have a story,” Whedon told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. Referring to DC president Geoff Johns and Warners Picture Group president Toby Emmerich, Whedon added, “I’m grateful to Geoff and Toby and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I… uh, is there a sexier word for ‘failed’?”
Whedon came on to Batgirl almost a year ago, in March 2017, with the hopes of bringing to the big-screen a companion to the female empowerment icon, Wonder Woman, this one tied to the most popular character in comics, Batman. Batgirl is Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon.

But sources say that Whedon, after a year of trying, could not crack the code of what a Batgirl movie should be. Wonder Woman, in the meanwhile, became a cultural phenomenon as well as one of the biggest hits and most acclaimed movies of 2017.

Industry sources add that even as Whedon faced story issues, in today’s cultural entertainment environment, a male filmmaker may have faced greater public scrutiny if he were to have tackled a movie with such feminist importance such as Batgirl or Wonder Woman, much like a white filmmaker would have seen backlash if they were to take on the Black Panther movie.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

Thank goodness.

Lmao at that response... ‘uh-oh guys (scratches head)... so, I really don’t have a story yet?’ Gtfo with that half-baked pr response.

Thank goodness he left this mess of a universe indeed.

As long as this film is still meant to be part of the DCEU I'm not really interested. They need to get someone who loves the source material, understands the characters and is capable of making good films to direct this but so far they have only had one decent film in the entire DCEU. I think Whedon might just have wanted to cut his losses.