Netflix's Lost in Space

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Taylor Russell To Play Judy Robinson In Netflix’s ‘Lost In Space’ Remake.
The original series followed the spacefaring Robinson family – Doctors John and Maureen, their daughters Judy and Penny, and their son, Will – and pilot Don West, who board the spacecraft Jupiter 2 on a mission to colonize a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri. Unfortunately, they’re joined by Doctor Zachary Smith, an enemy spy who sabotaged their ship and ended up stranded in deep space with them. While it’s not yet known how closely the Netflix series will hold to that concept, it’s been described as a story in which the Robinsons, light years from their intended destination, must come together to survive as they encounter strange alien environments and their own personal demons.

The 10-episode series from Legendary was ordered officially in June and will appear on Netflix in 2018. It was created by writers Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless (Dracula Untold, Last Witch Hunter), and Zack Estrin (Prison Break) has been tapped to serve as showrunner.
And if I remember correctly, Neil Marshall's set to direct the season premiere. Per IMDB, casting's by John Papsidera.

Molly Parker? IN.

m4st4 wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 2:02 pm

Molly Parker? IN.
Glad I wasn't the only one that got excited about that.

nothing beats Gary Oldman's performance tho

I have a question. Why would it be the planet's "purpose" to be able to keep us safe?

As far as I know, the planet exists. That's it. It does not serve a function, it just is. Conceiving of the planet as something to be discarded in search for a new place to inhabit once life on Earth has become inconvenient sounds really selfish because our planet is likely to be ruined because we have exploited it shamelessly and to a degree that human life can no longer exist on it in the long run. It's not that the planet can no longer 'serve that function' to keep us safe, it's that we very
likely have made it impossible for us to survive on this planet. Big difference.

I actually liked the Lost in Space movie.

anikom15 wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 10:17 pm
I actually liked the Lost in Space movie.
I remember liking it as a kid, but it really didn't hold up for me on a recent rewatch.

Aside from Gary Oldman's performance, of course.

Dude...

Looks really good and I'm super excited, but how many more decades do we have to wait for studios to start releasing trailers on YouTube in 4K?

Cilogy wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 5:45 pm
nothing beats Gary Oldman's performance tho
he always is amazing