Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Valkyrie- 6.5/10
It was predictable.
Oku wrote:
February 4th, 2018, 9:25 am
How many films do you watch a day lol
1 movie per day day at most or none at all. Gotta make use of my free VOD subscription while it lasts.

Havoc1st wrote:
February 1st, 2018, 7:41 am
The Crow- 9.5/10

Wow. I don't know why i like this movie so much. It just does things to me that i can't explain.
The intro is creatively well done but I can never by into the fact I was a step ahead of the film.It's all rather predictable,as most revenge stories are to be fair.
Also,unpopular opinion,Brandon Lee,well,he just couldn't act. :X

Oku
Havoc1st wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 7:43 am
Valkyrie- 6.5/10
It was predictable.
Oku wrote:
February 4th, 2018, 9:25 am
How many films do you watch a day lol
1 movie per day day at most or none at all. Gotta make use of my free VOD subscription while it lasts.
Which service?

Wes Anderson Hype - Road to March 23rd

Bottle Rocket (1996)
Thought it was okay the first time, but it was really good this second time. Warmed up to the crazy plot and sense of humor. Would've benefited from a little more of Anderson's later style.

If you're ever romantically depressed and want to continue being that way, just throw this movie on; works like a charm.

Citizenfour- 8.5/10
Pretty damn great it was.
Oku wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 12:54 am
Which service?
Stan. It's only available in Australia only.

The Post 8.5/10

Darkest Hour 6/10

Molly's Game 8.5/10

The Cloverfield Paradox 4/10

The 15:17 to Paris (embargo lift on Thursday but is like "make America great again" all over it).

Miss Congeniality
It's a classic yo. I think this might have been the first role I saw of Michael Caine. Brilliant. I miss the Sandra Bullock era.

the_red_ninja wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 2:59 pm
Miss Congeniality
It's a classic yo. I think this might have been the first role I saw of Michael Caine. Brilliant. I miss the Sandra Bullock era.
Yeah this is a fun film. I also liked Sandra Bullock in Demolition Man, although her character is vasty different from the one she plays here.

It's such a strangely inspiring and philosophical movie, despite all the violence and chaos going on. It's just such a shame that Cruise barely gets offered these kinds of roles because he is genuinely terrifying once the third act comes around. Foxx is doing his Jame Foxx thing, but Cruise was on a whole other level.