Untitled DCEU Batgirl Film (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

If i hear she's got the role, i won't even watch the trailer nevermind the movie.

My reaction if it turns out to be Barbara:

EW has confirmed that this Batgirl will be Barbara Gordon, a.k.a. the daughter of Commissioner Gordon and thus a close ally of Batman. Other characters have held the Batgirl title in the past, from high-flying Stephanie Brown to the mute assassin’s daughter Cassandra Cain, but “Babs” remains the most iconic version of the hero.
http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/30/joss-wh ... ting-poll/

Exciting stuff.

JK Simmons better be in this lol

Whedon writing and directing a female led superhero movie is a dream.

Wan to Reeves to Whedon. Dare I say things are looking up for the DCEU.

Allstar wrote:
EW has confirmed that this Batgirl will be Barbara Gordon, a.k.a. the daughter of Commissioner Gordon and thus a close ally of Batman. Other characters have held the Batgirl title in the past, from high-flying Stephanie Brown to the mute assassin’s daughter Cassandra Cain, but “Babs” remains the most iconic version of the hero.
http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/30/joss-wh ... ting-poll/

Exciting stuff.

What's wrong with Barbara tho..

As for Whedon, I think he might just make something good out of this. His hands were tied at Marvel and I think he can get to make what he wants at WB.

Wonder who they'll cast in the lead.

Nomis wrote:What's wrong with Barbara tho..
I like Babara but she's overplayed. I much preferred Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain is my favourite DC hero (behind Batman and Superman). If this was Cass, I wouldn't give a shit about DC's track record up to this point, I'd be there opening night.

Overplayed in the comics, not so much on film lol and imo it's a good idea to use Barbara because JK Simmons is her dad lol