BLU RAY?

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
Was wondering will this be getting a Blu Ray release in the UK or US liek all Nolan's other films? Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no news regarding Following blu-ray :(

Thanks for your reply. That's sad news :cry:

Even if there was, it wouldn't exactly be a great transfer if they blew up the image. To retain any real detail, they'd have to keep the original ratio, which isn't great, really.

Mason wrote:Even if there was, it wouldn't exactly be a great transfer if they blew up the image. To retain any real detail, they'd have to keep the original ratio, which isn't great, really.
Yeah, if they did ever come out with a blu ray, it probably wouldn't have much of a quality difference to the DVD.

Heck ,I'm still waiting for a re-release of the DVD. Wasn't it going to be from Criterion? Supposedly their releases have a good reputation for being awesome.

sickofsickness emailed criterion about it awhile ago.
sickofsickness wrote:Though it has been a while, I got an email from Jon Mulvaney at Criterion re: Following.

date Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM
subject Re: Chris Nolan "Following" DVD?
mailed-by criterion.com
hide details 10/7/10
Hi Jonah,

Thanks for your email!

Yes, we do hope to release this film in the not-so-distant future but have no exact date set yet...

We try to announce our upcoming releases as far in advance as possible-- both on our website and in newsletter form. I recommend checking out the "Coming Soon" section of our website as well as our e-newsletter. I'm including direct links for you below.

I hope this helps, and feel free to write again should you have further questions!

Sincerely,

Jon Mulvaney

Also, I don't know who he was, but in one Facebook Criterion posting, someone in the comments said it will be 2012.

I already have the Following DVD, so the only supplementals I really am hoping for are the earlier Nolan shorts that have yet to be released. Improved picture & sound, new interviews are nice, but I want these shorts badly.

If it is without these, I doubt we will ever see them, so I hope to FSM that they will be on this release.

BUT, a 2012 release does seem logical, as it would coincide with TDKR
If they ever decide to followed through that would mean it would probably include some of his earlier short films, as Criterion tends to do that. As well as a spectacular transfer.

Is there any particular reason why this movie was never released on blu-ray?