Who's seen Following?

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
It took me a while to rent Following, it was never at any of my local video stores. When I converted to Netflix it was one of the first things I rented.

I really love this film, it's one of my favorites from Chris. I wish more people knew about it.

I really want to see his early works (Following, Doodlebug, etc.), but in Hungary it's nearly impossible to get these films :(

I haven't seen this film before, but I've heard good things about it. I guess, I'll need to get that on my to-do list.

Max
I agree with AlexHaas, following is one of best Nolan's film. Maybe because it's his first feature film and so we can see his particular style of directing, and editing too.

Following is pretty fantastic, especially given that it was filmed on a budget of something like US$6000. Beyond the fact that the movie's good in its own right I also liked listening to the director's commentary and learning how the film was made so well with so little.

I bought the movie off Ebay. I was pleasantly surprised. For a movie that had a very small budget and cast, it was exceptionally well made. It is no Dark Knight, but it is very good in its own right, especially for a first feature with the conditions I have already states for a director. I recommend it.

I have and it is fantastic. I'd say it's up there with Memento in terms of quality. I thought the twist, was very well done despite people saying they saw it a mile away. It's even more impressive when you think it was done on such a small budget and it's interesting to see all of Nolan's traits in this. Good performances overall and the score was exceptional. Great movie, if you're a fan of his early work like Memento, you'll love this.

I haven't seen it. Yet. I saw the first part in YouTube, so I have a few questions.

1) Is this movie in black and white?

2) Does The Young Man and The Police Man are narrating?

3) Why are people following each other?

4) How long is it?

5) Is there something inappropriate for a 13 year-old boy in this movie (so I can see it with my dad)? :)

I haven't seen the movie, but according to Imdb:

1. Yes
2. As far as I know, only the man.
3. The man is a writer and follows people in hopes he will find new material to write about. On one of his follows, he finds out that the man he follows is a thief.
4. 69 minutes.
5. Rated R for language and some violence. See the parental guide for more information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154506/parentalguide
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Great dad said he's gonna rent it so we could watch it together. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be great because it had great reviews.