Who's seen Following?

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
I could of sworn there is an American region DVD of Following as I remember someone saying that Doodlebug is a bonus feature on it.
In the UK you have to buy the Cinema16 dvd to see doodlebug on dvd.

So it should be availible in America unless they discontinued it.

chee wrote:Most of those are probably "accidental". I'm sure Nolan was very aware there was Batman signs in his films, but I don't think he went out of his way to do it.
That may be true. Although there are certain instances were objects in a film's scene take on an unintentional meaning in the film that wasn't directly intended by the filmmaker. I think this may be one of those instances depending on one's interpretation.

Eternalist wrote:
chee wrote:Most of those are probably "accidental". I'm sure Nolan was very aware there was Batman signs in his films, but I don't think he went out of his way to do it.
That may be true. Although there are certain instances were objects in a film's scene take on an unintentional meaning in the film that wasn't directly intended by the filmmaker. I think this may be one of those instances depending on one's interpretation.
Yea, it happens a lot.

I was watching the cinematography documentary and they showed a clip of this old black and white film. The character was going through a dramatic scene, and on the window they had rain. The rain reflected onto the character in shadows and it kind of symbolised crying. The cinematographer said that that was completely accidental, but the meaning and symbolism through it was perfect.

Things happen in film. I think it's just really funny to look back on Nolan's older films and see all these Batman signs. :P

chee wrote:I think it's just really funny to look back on Nolan's older films and see all these Batman signs. :P
Prophecy!

Just watched it again with the Nolan commentary turned on. I just love hearing him talk about his films.

TeddyBlass wrote:It took me a while to rent Following, it was never at any of my local video stores. When I converted to Netflix it was one of the first things I rented.

I really love this film, it's one of my favorites from Chris. I wish more people knew about it.
Yes, I dig it too. It's unbelievable that it was made for such a low budget and with Nolan's mates. It's almost Mamet-esque and a real sign of what a class director he is (for my money, he's already up there with the greats)

rbevanx wrote:I could of sworn there is an American region DVD of Following as I remember someone saying that Doodlebug is a bonus feature on it.

The DVD for Following I have does not have Doodlebug on it, and I'm pretty sure there is only one edition of this DVD here in the States.

Brendan M. wrote:
rbevanx wrote:I could of sworn there is an American region DVD of Following as I remember someone saying that Doodlebug is a bonus feature on it.

The DVD for Following I have does not have Doodlebug on it, and I'm pretty sure there is only one edition of this DVD here in the States.
I can't remember where I read it, might have been another forum but I saw a screen shot of it on the special features. Maybe it was an Australian copy, but I honestly can't remember.

Following is definitely one of my favorites from Nolan. It really shows how good of a storyteller he is and how good he is at creating suspense. It shares a lot of similarities with Memento, so if you enjoyed Memento, I would definitely recommend this one. Here's my full review:

http://thekingbulletin.blogspot.com/200 ... stars.html

I just watched Following, good movie with great ending.