Who's seen Following?

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
it just goes to show a great story and heart put into a movie even a low budget movie like following can be better then a movie just thrown together for the money. Following was a good movie, amazing it was made on such a small budget.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dunkanovic wrote:I think the film stands as an inspiration to wannabe film makers such as myself. It shows me that you can make a feature film for almost nothing using Guerilla techniques and two years later, with a bit of luck, your working with Guy Pierce and Joey Pants on a small budget professional film. A few years and films later, you are writing your own ticket and are getting offered 200 mil to make a film with a secret plot that is set in the human mind.

Its a good dream.
If you want to make good solid movies you have to get an IDEA not to build cities but to create a verry artistic first movie 8-)
and thats what Nolan had with Following and memento.

I'm seeing it FOR THE FIRST TIME in couple of days, Can't wait!

Dodd wrote:it just goes to show a great story and heart put into a movie even a low budget movie like following can be better then a movie just thrown together for the money. Following was a good movie, amazing it was made on such a small budget.
No one needs a 200 million dollar budget to make a good movie (well, depending on te effects) the story and acting is all that matters. Nolan's Following shows us that something as simple as that can be great. And that is why he is/should be an inspiration to us all.

(sorry, feel preachy today :lol:)

I'm happy I was able to see this film before the Inception release, it was incredibly intelligent and well thought, what a good character Cobb was, no wonder the homage.

and the Batman sticker, the memento clock, fuck!

ok just watch it today....and wow....a nice movie with a solid story line....

the twist at the end was just speechless...when i thought that
Cobb was conspiring with the blonde to frame the young man
but in the end
Cobb tricked/fooled/conned BOTH the blonde and the young man
again...totally :wtf: :wtf:

Dan_87 wrote:ok just watch it today....and wow....a nice movie with a solid story line....

the twist at the end was just speechless...when i thought that
Cobb was conspiring with the blonde to frame the young man
but in the end
Cobb tricked/fooled/conned BOTH the blonde and the young man
again...totally :wtf: :wtf:
lol love it
Why you lurking my page brah?

TeddyBlass wrote:
rbevanx wrote:I thought Paranormal Activity was complete tosh tbh.
I'm with ya on that one.

Although more micro-budget movies getting major pushes is going to be interesting to see.
I agree completely. Although for a micro budget success, I really thought The Blair Witch Project was really good!

Its my least favorite Nolan film, but its interesting to see what he was able to accomplish w/ such constrictions (although one thing I did like was Nolan shooting in B&W... wonder if he'll ever do that again? :think: )

Yea, it's weird I like B&W more than color :wtf: