20th Anniversary Stuff

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
I wasn't sure where'd be the best place to post this but thought - since the film turns 20 this year I wouldn't be surprised if more such things happen in places throughout the year.

Anyway on Sunday, to mark UCL Film Society's 70th we held a special alumni reunion drinks event and a screening of Following! (was supposed to be a big outdoor screening on a new terrace which was opened in Sept alas, the snow hit London that weekend...)

David Julyan (really awesome guy to chat to) kindly introduced the screening, Jeremy Theobald (a friend of mine is in close contact with him) sent in a lovely video message also. Something really nice which both Jeremy mentioned on the intro and David mentioned to me that the whole Following crew incl. the both of them always traditionally go all together to Nolan films' UK premieres.

nice

I usually really like to watch films that are 10, 20, 30 etc. years old in the same in a row. Not necessarily all in one day, but you know.

So Following premiered at TIFF 20 years ago yesterday.