"Restructure" Option On The DVD

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
I selected the "Restructure Following" option on my DVD and it didnt seem like it was in real chronological order. Anybody else have this problem?

thats because it was edited as a non-chronological movie so some things don't add up in normal time.

I've never pressed it, Nolan structured it to be non-linear and that's how I will watch it.

chee wrote:I've never pressed it, Nolan structured it to be non-linear and that's how I will watch it.
make that two.

Jonas Agersø wrote:
chee wrote:I've never pressed it, Nolan structured it to be non-linear and that's how I will watch it.
make that two.
I was just wondering how Nolan would restructure it.

same as Memento, it works the way it is,
what other features has this dvd

Count me too. That is the definitive cut although didn't Nolan also cut it the way he did for budget reasons?

niniendowarrior wrote:
Count me too. That is the definitive cut although didn't Nolan also cut it the way he did for budget reasons?
I don't think so man, the story was really well planned.
it was cut the way it was for story proposes only.

I seem to remember Nolan in a Q&A session where he said the structure of the Following is like a news article where the title of the news gives you the entire gist of it but none of the details that would be covered by the article. I think he said that the Following follows that structure to give you the bits and then covers the bits a bit out of sequence and the purposes of that non-linear structure was partially because since they were shooting only on weekends, it was difficult to keep the characters looking consistent. I also seem to remember that he said it was done out of sequence so that if they had ran out of money they could still put the entire movie together given that the film was structured non-linearly time-wise.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I seem to remember.

kor
I read the same Q/A session listing and it was very smart move to make it like this.