Budget?

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
Anyone know how much this film was made for?
Why you lurking my page brah?

apw
£3,000

apw wrote:£3,000
source code?

apw

thanks

Christopher Nolan, what a man. From the lowest budgets to some of the biggest in the world.
Do you... like pineapple?

apw wrote:£3,000
Wow, that's impressive.

:clap: :clap: I'm 'dissecting' the film, scene by scene, for a project of mine. An amazing experience so far to see wqhat one can do without a budget.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

He shot it on an Arriflex 16BL and some other 16mm Bolex camera. Very impressive work indeed. I plan on shooting an extremely low budget 16mm film myself.
"One of the things you do as a writer and as a filmmaker is grasp for resonant symbols and imagery without necessarily fully understanding it yourself. "
-Christopher Nolan

I heard that Aronofsky shot "Pi" on 16mm tri-ex REVERSAL film stock, which means there's no negative -- you're stuck with that one copy of the film, so if it scratches or tears, you're screwed. But the grainy look of that reversal stock looks better than the negative stock, thus the film looks great.

Let's hope more filmmakers listen to Nolan's call to use film, not digital. And not just the big Hollywood filmmakers, but indie directors, too.