Quay

Tarantella (1989), Larceny (1996), Doodlebug (1997), and Quay (2015)
I'm a John G wrote:Concise is the perfect word for it. Satisfying is also perfect. It's a delectable treat like an hors d'oeuvre meant only to complement the three main courses (Quay films) and inform the eating experience. Perfectly placed second in the line of four shorts. It's a documentary. A very short one. But it does its job masterfully and has just enough personality to bear the Nolan trademarks and Quay purposefulness. Don't be fooled though, this is a Nolan curation not a Nolan film. His involvement on screen is minimal and his purpose is not to tell a story but rather open a book. Great cinematic experience but credit should go to the Quays.
genloovers BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Lord Shade wrote:Start rating on IMDb - 9,1.

Impressive! Considering that no one actually saw it. :)

Ran across this yesterday

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread or not, but I thought it might be a good idea to use this thread to compile a list of questions people want answered if they go to the Q&A with Nolan. I know there is no guarantee on getting them answered, but it might be useful for those attending.

I have one or two myself but before I ask them, I wanted to see if you guys think thats a good idea and want to post here.

I'm a John G wrote:Concise is the perfect word for it. Satisfying is also perfect. It's a delectable treat like an hors d'oeuvre meant only to complement the three main courses (Quay films) and inform the eating experience. Perfectly placed second in the line of four shorts. It's a documentary. A very short one. But it does its job masterfully and has just enough personality to bear the Nolan trademarks and Quay purposefulness. Don't be fooled though, this is a Nolan curation not a Nolan film. His involvement on screen is minimal and his purpose is not to tell a story but rather open a book. Great cinematic experience but credit should go to the Quays.
nice!

Just came back from the screening with Nolan very nice little movie but it takes place in one room... Nice behind the scenes if you are fan quay. Btw Hoyte was thanked and Nolan did the music if I read the credits right. :gonf:

I just got back home after going to the 7 o'clock showing. I will post a review type collection of thoughts tomorrow because I'm tired af right now, but long story short, go see this if you have the means. I'll explain why in my post tomorrow, but yeah, the films look glorious, and the documentary, for me at least, only made them seem even more special.

Michaelf2225 wrote:I just got back home after going to the 7 o'clock showing. I will post a review type collection of thoughts tomorrow because I'm tired af right now, but long story short, go see this if you have the means. I'll explain why in my post tomorrow, but yeah, the films look glorious, and the documentary, for me at least, only made them seem even more special.
I was in first row if you saw me in New York

So Nolan shot, edited and scored Quay himself?

Nice.

It irks me that it's pronounced kway :x

but real talk: Oscar???