Quay

Tarantella (1989), Larceny (1996), Doodlebug (1997), and Quay (2015)
Am I the only one who has really no real interest in this?

DoubleD wrote:Am I the only one who has really no real interest in this?
It's a short, it isn't going to eat up your time.

i see it as a learning experience. i take great pleasure in learning as much as i can about both the crafts i admire (film) and my preferred craftsmen (nolan), and learning about those craftsmens influences help you understand them all the more. if nolan is my favorite filmmaker (he is) then it would be irresponsible of me to ignore what is very clearly a personal project of his that helps illustrate what makes him a filmmaker. i take my personal interest (or lack thereof) in the quay brothers out of the equation entirely.

I'm a John G wrote:i see it as a learning experience. i take great pleasure in learning as much as i can about both the crafts i admire (film) and my preferred craftsmen (nolan), and learning about those craftsmens influences help you understand them all the more. if nolan is my favorite filmmaker (he is) then it would be irresponsible of me to ignore what is very clearly a personal project of his that helps illustrate what makes him a filmmaker. i take my personal interest (or lack thereof) in the quay brothers out of the equation entirely.
This guy gets it.
Fantastic post yo.

Start rating on IMDb - 9,1.

Impressive! Considering that no one actually saw it. :)

yo whip so coooooooooooold, this old thang

Concise is the perfect word for it. Satisfying is also perfect. It's a delectable treat like an hors d'oeuvre meant only to complement the three main courses (Quay films) and inform the eating experience. Perfectly placed second in the line of four shorts. It's a documentary. A very short one. But it does its job masterfully and has just enough personality to bear the Nolan trademarks and Quay purposefulness. Don't be fooled though, this is a Nolan curation not a Nolan film. His involvement on screen is minimal and his purpose is not to tell a story but rather open a book. Great cinematic experience but credit should go to the Quays.