Doodle Bug

Tarantella (1989), Larceny (1996), Doodlebug (1997), and Quay (2015)
Just watched this short for the first time, you can certainly see the "Nolan touch."

seleniaL wrote:It was actually interesting.
Yeah, you could see what Nolan was trying to achieve, and he did it. A great short.

lionsaulter wrote:
chee wrote:True that. TDK almost sunk Titanic, those darn pirates didn't help! D:
a friend of mine had TDK on his 500 € android phone and i wanted to put that phone up in is ass :JGLface: :JGLface:

beyond that, THAT'S NOT a way to watch that AMAZING movie...
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I'm just kidding but it is a pretty sweet short. :lol:
the best short i've ever seen together with Vincent by Tim Burton..

I find that it's really difficult to appreciate short films, as I never think there is enough depth to actually come out with an informed opinion as to why it was good/bad.
But, in saying that, and having seen Doodlebug after watching quite a few Nolan films, you can see his style coming out in those few minutes of the film. To me, the main point of all Nolan films is to delve into the human experience, and what it means to be a human.
Wow, I just felt academic for a second. :geek:

guys, do you know where i could find subtitles for the Audio-Commentary of the short-movie??? I've found Doodlebug with the commentary track (probably from Cinema16short dvd), but i don't understand every word spoken by mr. Nolan...

or maybe someone of you could write it down? it's just 3 minutes dialogue..

Slask wrote:guys, do you know where i could find subtitles for the Audio-Commentary of the short-movie??? I've found Doodlebug with the commentary track (probably from Cinema16short dvd), but i don't understand every word spoken by mr. Nolan...

or maybe someone of you could write it down? it's just 3 minutes dialogue..
Hey could you tell me where you found the commentary? I've never heard it but it would be great to listen to, thanks

actually i don't know if i can answer you here xD (see private message)

I had no idea that Christopher Nolan had short films, real happy I came across this site.

99SayGoodbye wrote:I find that it's really difficult to appreciate short films, as I never think there is enough depth to actually come out with an informed opinion as to why it was good/bad.
But, in saying that, and having seen Doodlebug after watching quite a few Nolan films, you can see his style coming out in those few minutes of the film. To me, the main point of all Nolan films is to delve into the human experience, and what it means to be a human.
Wow, I just felt academic for a second. :geek:
Gotta love the Nolan mind fuck at the end. It reminds me of that mirror effect you get if you open your medicine cabinet and stare at the reflection of a mirror within a mirror and it reveals an infinite passageway.

It is also an ethical piece, because you are both hunting the bug and are the bug. There are so many directions you can go with that.

What really disturbed me more than anything else, though, was why bubbles came out of the telephone when it was submerged in the water. It was like someone was being drowned, but its a damn phone.

Definitely looks like a film school project. But awesome conceptually.

Any news of a blu-ray release of Doodlebug?