Doodle Bug

Tarantella (1989), Larceny (1996), Doodlebug (1997), and Quay (2015)
Erik wrote:I saw this one on YouTube, though I already knew I wanted it on DVD.

Last Christmas, I got the Cinema 16: British Short Films DVD which includes Doodlebug. It's a funny short movie, though it ain't much of a story.
Director commentary was interresting though!

Is there any way you can upload that commentary as an audio track?? I would LOVE to hear it. Any Nolan commentary is worth pure gold.

Yes I can, but I won't.

If someone else downloads or uploads something, you won't hear me complain, but I do not down- or upload anything that is illegal. Doodlebug and it's commentory is property of Nolan, I respect that by not make any copies of it.*

Though, ofcourse I can tell you about the things he spoke of.
He said that Doodlebug was more of an experiment with filming and FX technique. It was the first time that Nolan used tracking shots, also the special effects where new to him. They were easy to make, but it took a lot of time and was really boring to do the same routine over and over again.

*only exception: I sometimes download movies and music that is not available in my country (anymore), yet most of the time I import them from the UK.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Yes I can, but I won't.

If someone else downloads or uploads something, you won't hear me complain, but I do not down- or upload anything that is illegal. Doodlebug and it's commentory is property of Nolan, I respect that by not make any copies of it.*

Though, ofcourse I can tell you about the things he spoke of.
He said that Doodlebug was more of an experiment with filming and FX technique. It was the first time that Nolan used tracking shots, also the special effects where new to him. They were easy to make, but it took a lot of time and was really boring to do the same routine over and over again.

*only exception: I sometimes download movies and music that is not available in my country (anymore), yet most of the time I import them from the UK.

Fair enough.

ek79 wrote:This site and forum should be 100% pirate free. My prisma...
I didn't mean to kick up a controversy. Trust me, I don't pirate things. I work in the industry so I am completely against that for all the various reasons.

I only asked about the audio track because I had assumed that the Cinema 16 DVD was only available in the UK (and I am certain it was for a while) and since I don't have a region free DVD player, I would be out of luck. But I checked Amazon.com and sure enough it is available in the US! So I'll definitely be ordering a copy of that.

The DVD is nice, especially to a Nolan fan.

And filmfanatic, I didn't mean to offend you, your question is quite normal in 2009. We live in a world that has been changed by downloading.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

True that. TDK almost sunk Titanic, those darn pirates didn't help! D:

ek79 wrote:fanatic, do it! Worth every dollar!

Done!!

Erik wrote:The DVD is nice, especially to a Nolan fan.

And filmfanatic, I didn't mean to offend you, your question is quite normal in 2009. We live in a world that has been changed by downloading.
Fear not, you didn't offend me. I just didn't want to seem like some callous pirate that leeches off of others.

chee wrote:True that. TDK almost sunk Titanic, those darn pirates didn't help! D:

Yeah, quite unhappy that Transformers: ROTF almost toppled TDK's record. :(