Edit/update thread

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
chee wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
umm...me thinks this is a bad idea.
Why? Other forums have a permanent edit function and its not like they all crash and burn.
I just don't see it going well. If the OP want's to add something to their post, simply post again.

But that's just my opinion.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
chee wrote:
Why? Other forums have a permanent edit function and its not like they all crash and burn.
I just don't see it going well. If the OP want's to add something to their post, simply post again.

It's definitely something that could be abused, just like any other feature on this forum, but it could definitely be helpful like in this case of lalyil's thread.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

DoubleD wrote:
chee wrote:

Like chee said, OPs can edit on other forums and they're fully functional. Plus it'd improve threads like the actor/director challenge threads and a lot of forum fun threads. I see no reason not to.

Actually, to lessen the potential abuse, we could give that ability only to members with higher post counts.

Regardless, it's certainly a really helpful feature.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

This would also be useful for Braked's TDKR Reviews thread.

Cilogy wrote:Actually, to lessen the potential abuse, we could give that ability only to members with higher post counts.
What would that do?

solo2001 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Actually, to lessen the potential abuse, we could give that ability only to members with higher post counts.
What would that do?
solo, are you seriously deleting posts to maintain your post count as 6666? :eh:

I just don't get what kind of abuse there would be.

Someone posts something. Decides a year later that he wants to change it to "pig farts" and nobody sees it cause it was a year ago?

oracle86 wrote:
solo2001 wrote: What would that do?
solo, are you seriously deleting posts to maintain your post count as 6666? :eh:
until i get lazy/run out of posts in avengers thread

solo2001 wrote:
oracle86 wrote:
until i get lazy/run out of posts in avengers thread
I wonder if T&A can make your posts permanently 6666.