Forum Time Setting

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Since I'm from India, I've set my time zone as "UTC + 5:30". But the time displayed in the forum is 1 hour greater than the actual time here. For example, in India, the time is currently 3:33 pm but according to the forum, it is 4:33 pm.

:?

Can someone help?

You probably have daylight savings time turned on (or off, whichever). It's right under the timezone settings in the user control panel.

solo2001 wrote:You probably have daylight savings time turned on (or off, whichever). It's right under the timezone settings in the user control panel.
I initially thought that it might be due to that, but my forum time remains the same [ie. one hour ahead of the actual time here] irrespective of whether DST is off or on. :problem:

I was just going through FAQs and noticed this:
How do I change my settings?
If you are a registered user, all your settings are stored in the board database. To alter them, visit your User Control Panel; a link can usually be found at the top of board pages. This system will allow you to change all your settings and preferences.

The times are not correct!
It is possible the time displayed is from a timezone different from the one you are in. If this is the case, visit your User Control Panel and change your timezone to match your particular area, e.g. London, Paris, New York, Sydney, etc. Please note that changing the timezone, like most settings, can only be done by registered users. If you are not registered, this is a good time to do so.

I changed the timezone and the time is still wrong!
If you are sure you have set the timezone and Summer Time/DST correctly and the time is still incorrect, then the time stored on the server clock is incorrect. Please notify an administrator to correct the problem.
So I guess the third FAQ is what I'm experiencing. :problem:

Hmm. I have my time settings set appropriately and I'm seeing the correct time. Are you still seeing this issue? We jumped servers a little while ago.

Can other people chime in on this?

Its works fine for me...

I just realized that forum time is an hour behind my correct time, and the DST setting did not seem to change it. :think:

And speaking of Daylight Savings... I don't get it? you Americans are technically stealing real time to make fake time :wtf:
/rant #thirdworldproblems

the_red_ninja wrote:I just realized that forum time is an hour behind my correct time, and the DST setting did not seem to change it. :think:

And speaking of Daylight Savings... I don't get it? you Americans are technically stealing real time to make fake time :wtf:
/rant #thirdworldproblems
'S not just Americans. It's also been a practice since the eighteenth century which hasn't been abolished. Like the UK's income tax. We haven't fought Napoleon for two hundred years and yet the tax is still there. :problem: /rant

Also, you should probably really research things a lot more.