Question regarding the Time Zone options

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Hi guys!

On the User Control Panel I'm able to choose from the Time Zones, and I did choose the Time Zone I live in (UTC+1), but the times shown in the forums are incorrect! They are 1 hour ahead than they should be, so now here in Hungary it's 11:23 PM on March 19th, but the forum shows that it's 12:23 AM on March 20th, so it's 1 hour ahead. I'm pretty sure that Hungary is in UTC+1 time zone, so I don't really know what the problem could be.

Hey, DHOP.

Check out your Daylight Saving Time settings. They should be in the same area. My time settings are correct -- is anyone else having this problem?

Time zones, to me, are another language. Especially that day light savings stuff, since we don't do that in AZ, and that confuses me even more.

I don't even bother with time zone settings. :lol:

apw
I'm in the UK and having the same problem. If I select my actual time zone then it is an hour ahead. I had to change my time zone to UTC -1 which isn't my actual time zone but makes it show the correct time.

apw wrote:I'm in the UK and having the same problem. If I select my actual time zone then it is an hour ahead. I had to change my time zone to UTC -1 which isn't my actual time zone but makes it show the correct time.
Try changing your timezone back to the correct one and change the DST setting. If it's on, turn it off, and vice versa. Let me know if that helps.

apw
I've tried and it's still an hour ahead with both DST settings on or off.

apw wrote:I've tried and it's still an hour ahead with both DST settings on or off.
That's pretty bizarre.
Just so I'm getting this straight:

The times aren't changing if you change the DST settings?
Does your timezone observe Daylight Savings?

AlexHaas wrote:
apw wrote:I've tried and it's still an hour ahead with both DST settings on or off.
That's pretty bizarre.

Yeah, I've changed the DST settings, too, but the times aren't changing in the forums.

apw
AlexHaas wrote:
That's pretty bizarre.

We do. Our clocks go +1 hour next Sunday I believe. Once that happens the forums clock will be correct again (I think).
That's right. They're not changing.

See, I'm beginning to think that our nice little forum software here knows when DST happens. In the United States, DST bumped us an hour into the future last Sunday. I'm thinking that the forum software is in touch with time servers so it knows when DST happens each year. During the time switch, I didn't have to change any of my settings and the time was displayed correctly before and after the switch.

It seems like there's a bug in the way it grabs data from the time servers, in that, it only seems to care when us Americans change our clocks, not worrying about the rest of the globe.