[RESOLVED] Editing Posts

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Why is it that after a certain amount of time after you post something, you can't edit it? Can you guys fix that please? And same with the deletion of posts. I have accidentally double posted once and if it happens again, I would like to delete the second post.

Once you post a reply to a thread, you have five minutes to edit or delete the post. I believe this is a pretty standard setting. Proofreading a post or noticing a double post shouldn't take more than five minutes. Leaving the edit / delete window open indefinitely isn't favorable.

If anyone else has any objections to this setting, please post your thoughts here. :)

Proofreading a post or noticing a double post shouldn't take more than five minutes.
Agreed with that. But the time I double posted, I was in a rush to go to a class I go to in the afternoons.
Leaving the edit / delete window open indefinitely isn't favorable.
It probably isn't, but can you extend the amount of time we have to do these actions? Like maybe up to a day maximum.

I think it should remain short so that people can't indefinitely alter what they write. It kind of forces people to think before they type. If you were going to extend the time window for editing/deletion then I'd say 10 minutes maximum.

akv1984 wrote:Agreed with that. But the time I double posted, I was in a rush to go to a class I go to in the afternoons.
Any time a double post is seen by an administrator or moderator, they'll fix it by deleting one of the posts. Double posting is a fairly common occurrence and it's not the end of the world if a double post chills on a topic for a day or two.
Eternalist wrote:I think it should remain short so that people can't indefinitely alter what they write. It kind of forces people to think before they type.
This is the exact reason why this setting is in place by default.

Eternalist wrote:If you were going to extend the time window for editing/deletion then I'd say 10 minutes maximum.
At least ten minutes to edit or delete., I mean what if someone embarrases himslef or something. I know I have in a few :shifty: