NolanFans app....

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Are there any plans for a NolanFans app? One for my Droid sure would be nice.

I can view the site through my browser just fine, but sometimes some of the links don't work.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

We had plans to develop an iPhone app, but they've sort of slipped away from us. I built half of my initial idea and it's actually pretty cool. The app runs and stuff. I got a new job a couple of months ago, so my free time (time I can spend developing and working on NF) has decreased significantly.

I imagine we'll whip up something eventually.
Anyone out there know how (or have time) to build iOS / Android apps?

About the links issue: Are there specific links that you have problems with? Or is this a random mobile browser issue?

I've always had in my todo list to learn this iOS/Android development. If you have resources you can pass on, Alex... I might be interested. Don't own any i-devices though.

Would love an Iphone App at some point!

niniendowarrior wrote:I've always had in my todo list to learn this iOS/Android development. If you have resources you can pass on, Alex... I might be interested. Don't own any i-devices though.
Same situation :)

AlexHaas wrote: About the links issue: Are there specific links that you have problems with? Or is this a random mobile browser issue?
I think its just a random browser issue. If I reset my browser, they work fine for a while. It's never any specific link, I've just only noticed it happening on NolanFans.

But it's not a big deal. The site still rocks.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Andrea wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:I've always had in my todo list to learn this iOS/Android development. If you have resources you can pass on, Alex... I might be interested. Don't own any i-devices though.
I'm too attached to my Linux box... but if you use Linux... I found this link handy.

http://iphonesdkdev.blogspot.com/search/label/Ubuntu

This is probably only really good for a web app on the iPhone/Android... but I'm thinking Alex uses a Mac, so he does have access to the official iPhone SDK.

niniendowarrior wrote:
Andrea wrote:
I'm too attached to my Linux box... but if you use Linux... I found this link handy.

This is probably only really good for a web app on the iPhone/Android... but I'm thinking Alex uses a Mac, so he does have access to the official iPhone SDK.
Thanks, I'm using Ubuntu too, but right now I'm more interested in Android apps and Android SDK is for Ubuntu too :)

I don't know if I'll ever do anything though, 'cause Android apps are just one of my many things I wanna learn, right now I'm really interested in Android development, learning Vala and compiling my own Linux distro (Linux from Scratch and Beyond).

Andrea wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:

Thanks, I'm using Ubuntu too, but right now I'm more interested in Android apps and Android SDK is for Ubuntu too :)

I don't know if I'll ever do anything though, 'cause Android apps are just one of my many things I wanna learn, right now I'm really interested in Android development, learning Vala and compiling my own Linux distro (Linux from Scratch and Beyond).
I've done a few distros back in the days... but LFS is definitely a good way of learning it. If you ever come around to starting Android development... maybe we can start learning together with the NF app. :) The iPhone development kit in the link is actually just the Android one ported over, so it's a good segue to producing an NF app.