Swearing

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Um, what the hell?

Why every time I type "fuck" are the last three letter starred out? Since when did we start this and why?

apw
The word is being displayed uncensored for me.

You need check no to "Enable word censoring" in your settings.

This has never happened before... and "fucking" doesn't show up censored... it's doing this for IWFNM as well. Is it a User Control Panel thing?

We are experimenting with some things and switched the default for it to be censored. You can turn it off in your UCP. We're going to test to see how this might work out with Google Page Ranking and what not. We tried to prohibit excessive cursing on the forums by writing it into the rules when we first started because there are several different systems out there that monitor a website's content and rank or rate them according to nature of that content. We saw pretty quickly people never really followed that rule. We're -- for the most part -- all adults around here, so we let most of it slide. Now we're experimenting with some stuff to see if it affects our standing with Google, etc.

Sounds like a plan to me, but yeah you might want to work a bit on the censorship setting since it doesn't seem to be taking care of all forms of the words.

And where I come from, 'twat' is a swear word. It's the only one I use as a matter of fact.

christophmac wrote:And where I come from, 'twat' is a swear word. It's the only one I use as a matter of fact.
You from England?

This happened to me a few days ago.

User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Enable Word Censoring

Mason01 wrote:
christophmac wrote:And where I come from, 'twat' is a swear word. It's the only one I use as a matter of fact.
You from England?
Yeah.

christophmac wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
You from England?
Yeah.
Well, that's a coincidence.